Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Improvement in Fatigue
RE: No Improvement in Fatigue
Karnote: my doctor with the vague info from the DME (not Apria, but a different one, which is actually quite good) was not my PCP. This was a sleep center. The techs there have a sophisticated set up, but the follow-up with the person who runs the clinic depended on a very vague piece of paper, really a monthly summary of stats. So, yeah, the DME’s use vague info, and send vague info to the docs. The thing is, their job is to ensure compliance with Medicare criteria: they don’t really need to care about anything else. And compliance is a numbers thing.

I was asked about insomnia, but they ask everyone about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doctor is not calling it diabetes yet, just prediabetic (A1c is 6.3), and I am taking Metformin.  No, I don’t check my blood sugar because my doctor has never instructed me to and, therefore, I don’t have the equipment/supplies to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I learned a long time ago to call pre-diabetes exactly what it was diabetes. I struggled for years (40+) taking metformin and just assuming it was good. After taking control of everything just like with my bipap I dropped my A1c from 8.5 to 5.3 and stopped getting up every 2 hours. Maybe see if you can get a script for testing supplies from your doctor? Every little change can make a big difference in your sleep. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, I'll check with my PCP about getting a prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change in pressure, improvement? NoCaffAfter4 5 109 Yesterday, 09:42 PM
Last Post: NoCaffAfter4
  [Diagnosis] High AHI After Initial Improvement with CPAP echo7 2 190 07-18-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: echo7
Gross 27 y.o. male, new to CPAP, AHI<2, extreme fatigue fitandfatigued97 6 312 07-09-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: fitandfatigued97
  Low AHI, yet no improvement on CPAP TheFakeEgg 3 244 06-14-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: TheFakeEgg
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 35 2,051 05-28-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: PerplexedTom
  huge improvement with bipap notamorningguy 1 260 05-27-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 500 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.