Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings
Smile 
pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings
Have been on APAP about 2 weeks. Sleep study showed 107 AHI, and oxygen nadir 50%. Started originally at 4-20cm and was getting 2-3 AHI and increased it to now on 8-20 cm pressure (ramp 20 minutes starting at pressure of 5, EPR 2) and still getting around 2.5 AHI (which is obviously a great improvement but wondering if I can get the # of AHI even lower). My average pressure per my machine is 19. I have Resmed Airsense Auto 10/full face mask/heated tubing with humidifier on 5. Do I need a bipap or can I optimize my settings on this machine? I guess technically I am below 5 AHI which is the treatment goal. Also, I have no clue how to read OSCAR.

I attached my OSCAR screenshot.

Thank you in advance! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings
I think you would be more comfortable and have better therapy if you:

Turn off ramp
Set EPR to full time at 3

Then show an Oscar report and we'll see if we can help you more. Your average pressure from your report is actually 12.84, not as high as you think.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings
Thank you I will try that
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to APAP, do I have the right machine? Davileet 5 99 6 hours ago
Last Post: Davileet
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 5 253 10-05-2024, 04:07 AM
Last Post: indreams
  [Pressure] New to ASV and Wanting to Understand Pressure Settings Better kbeards 6 420 10-04-2024, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Macka
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 355 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  CPAP/APAP data review Robert Detz 1 164 09-25-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 165 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 228 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.