Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] How am I doing?
How am I doing?
So I have a Resvent iBreeze, and love what the machine can do. I had a sleep study done and had 27 abnormalities per hour (Suprine AHI 43, REM AHI 62), with abnormal oxygenation desaturations (4% during sleep to 87%). Nasal patency probably isn't great.
The sleep clinic where I was at, I paid them a consultation to set the machine up right, and they were of the opinion, well, do it from 4-20 and then we will review after a month.  I wasn't very happy as they just explained what the features on the machine do and didn't really do too much else.  
It was nuts, had some awful nights, work up like I was being blown up. Chest hurt, panic (using the F30i at the time).  
I watched "CPAP Pressure! Too Low, Too High, Just Right. How To Adjust Your CPAP Pressure Levels" and adjusted the pressure so the AHI was below 5 and comfortable, and the n95 ended up being about 6-7, so I adjusted it to 8 - slept great good AHI. The clinic wasn't happy when I told them (said they need more data, which I guess the do), and wanted me to set it higher (which I did, put it to 12).
The full face mask that came with the machine doesn't seal the pressure that great, when high pressure is being put in, it leaks a bit, and then the machine adds even more pressure and then I wake up (at least that is how it feels).
I like the ramp feature, as I just want to breathe like I am used to when I sleep. I have set up the machine so it is easier to breathe out (IPR3 - that feature is a 'lifesaver').
I bought an extra mask at the time (AirFit F30i Full Face) but I felt like I couldn't breathe, draw enough in due to that nose latex that is there, even with it removed (I cut it away), I just couldn't do that mask). I'm swapping it for the F20 Airfit, so hopefully that will hold pressure better (and also allow me to disconnect more easily!).  Using the defaullt face mask that came with the machine which is a bit of a pain to strap on, but works much better and doesn't whistle like the F30i did.  I also couldn't bear how that mask interfered with my trying to draw a breath.  
My Doctor has no idea about cpap's really, apart from how to ventilate someone (at least he was honest enough to say so) and the sleep therapy place is run by two young lass's with Cert IV's, so not feeling confident.  
P.S. I wish I didn't drool.
Questions
How are my settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How am I doing?
JethroE7,

I believe your minimum pressure is too low. Let's move it to 7 or 8 minimum, whichever you're comfortable with.
Leave your maximum setting at 12. Also, continue using IPR set at 3.

This should help lower the flow limitation which is high. This should also help lower the Obstructives.

Try to stay with this for a few days and repost another chart.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for taking the time to give me that suggestion. Just had a nap with those settings 7/12, and will post some more data in a few days. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, here is my latest result with the new settings (went 7-12), no other changes.  
A lot of air is being pumped into my stomach again, burping a fair bit last night.  
When there is higher pressure, air escapes from the mask sometimes.  I am getting a better mask soon (F20)
A,B,C is from last night, and also attaching day before

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I have been on 7-12 for some time, seem to wake up a lot about 1pm.  I go back to bed about 2 hours later.  
My apnea is worst in Supine (43.4 originally) and REM (51.8)...  
Do you think my machine settings look right at the moment?
Also getting a new mask, maybe that will allow a better fit, it can be uncomfortable.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.