Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Central Apneas? Flow Rate /Respitory Rate Mismatches!
[split] Central Apneas? Flow Rate /Respitory Rate Mismatches!
Hi Community.
I'm new to Oscar so I'm trying to understand the reports especially when it comes to central apneas because I find them to be more concerning and mysterious than obstructive apneas.

The Resmed 11 is reporting more and more Centrals and I don't believe they are accurate. Case in point:

One central apnea event recorded an average respiratory rate of 31.80, a minute ventilation rate of 9.13, and an inspiratory time of 5.28

If it's a true central apnea, shouldn't the respiratory rate be "0" along with the other rates shown above?

I've gone through 20 central events from last night and they all have similar issues.

I also checked a few seconds before and after the "event" just in case the flag was not synced correctly.

Another mystery is I have a number or Large Leaks but none of them correspond to any central, hypopnea, or obstructive events. 
The only events flagged under large leak periods are "User identified" ones.

What's going on?
Can I trust my machine to give me accurate reports?

In the meantime, I use a pulse oximeter (Wellue wrist) and my deepest desaturations don't correspond to any events flagged by Oscar and CPAP Dont-know !!

Thanks for your help in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Central Apneas? Flow Rate /Respitory Rate Mismatches!
edenmaker - You had made this post in the "Generator Suggestions For CPAP Machine?" thread. I have split it into its own thread.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Central Apneas? Flow Rate /Respitory Rate Mismatches!
OOps! Thanks. I'll get the hang of things. I like to keep thread organized as well!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak Rate maybe Skewing AHI ? StratCat48 5 183 Yesterday, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 8 255 10-19-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Central apneas on trt supercbr 0 87 10-18-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: supercbr
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 13 326 10-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: obstructedairway101
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 197 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central Apnea Help winterwaveforms 2 167 10-15-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central Apneas? jared2000 3 189 10-15-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.