Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] F40 Full Face
[split] F40 Full Face
F40 update:

A few weeks into F40 use it seems my Large Leak problems may be solved even though I have a beard.  I see that one reason this mask seals well and has a higher comfort level is its flexible construction with no hard rigid plastic on the cushion or the cushion bracket.  

The short very flexible tube from the mask to the long tube is a big improvement over having the thick stiffer long tube right at the mask.  I must move from side to side to sleep. A flip of the thicker long tube (I use the heated tube) from one side of the pillow to the other puts the short tube into a good position.  

I have to use humidity at least on level 2 with the F40 to prevent nose bleeds due to the nasal design of this hybrid mask. Perhaps with winter coming my in-house humidity level will rise allowing me to turn humidity off. 

I appreciate the minimal headgear of the F40.  For the first time in 17 years, I have a mask/headgear I do not struggle to put on.  I no longer continuously adjust uncomfortable straps.  I do not have to over-tighten the F40 straps to get a seal.  I do not have to remove the headgear and reposition it trying to stop irritation.

The F40 airflow passages to the nose are an improvement over the FP Evora FF mask.  I no longer get the feeling that the mask is not aligned with my nostrils.  I tried mouth taping with each mask with no improvement in AHIs.

It took 17 years but finally, a mask that works much better with my face has arrived.  It is misleading to call the F40 a full-face mask.  I have only found one mask, the ResMed Fit Life, to cover the face.  The F40 is like a nasal mask with mouth-breathing backup.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] F40 Full Face
ejbpesca - You had posted this in the Evora Review Thread. I moved it to its own thread since it is a different mask.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 21 9,953 10-13-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 119 12,727 10-11-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: chzuck
  [Product Review] Evora Full Face ejbpesca 4 766 10-03-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 54 31,347 08-13-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 7 7,963 05-04-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: BAZZA
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 27,469 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 8,007 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.