Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread
[split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread
Thanks for the feedback!

As suggested, here's a series of shots showing different graphs on the right side.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread
TinySteve - Since your post is no longer a software related question, I have moved it to the Main Forum.  Please use this thread for all your therapy related questions.

I will follow this post up with a PM to you confirming this action.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a couple of problems going on.  You have significant Positional Apnea.  PA cannot be fixed by a settings change.  PA shows on your chart when a number of events show up clustered together.  It is caused by your chin tucking toward your chest causing a kink in your windpipe, which, much like a kink in a hose decreases water flow, decreases airflow.  Some folks can fix this by sleeping on a flatter pillow, but most need to wear a soft cervical collar.  Most drugstores offer a few of these and Amazon offers loads of them.

You also need to change your pressure settings.  Your median pressure setting is 11.6 and you are bumping up against your top setting a lot. For these reasons, I suggest you set your pressure from 11 to 16.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
TinySteve - Since your post is no longer a software related question, I have moved it to the Main Forum. Please use this thread for all your therapy related questions.

I will follow this post up with a PM to you confirming this action.
- Red

Thanks for splitting my post into the main forum, Red, much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=69197 Wrote:Deborah K. pid='528774' dateline='1725409448']You have a couple of problems going on.  You have significant Positional Apnea.  PA cannot be fixed by a settings change.  PA shows on your chart when a number of events show up clustered together.  It is caused by your chin tucking toward your chest causing a kink in your windpipe, which, much like a kink in a hose decreases water flow, decreases airflow.  Some folks can fix this by sleeping on a flatter pillow, but most need to wear a soft cervical collar.  Most drugstores offer a few of these and Amazon offers loads of them.

You also need to change your pressure settings.  Your median pressure setting is 11.6 and you are bumping up against your top setting a lot. For these reasons, I suggest you set your pressure from 11 to 16.

Thanks for the feedback, Deborah, much appreciated!

I have already switched to a flatter pillow.

I'm using a chin strap, which is reducing my events, but not stopping them entirely.

For the past 67 years I've been a back sleeper.... The past two nights I've tried laying on my side.
On last night's screenshot you'll see where I rolled onto my back.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would consider increasing Max pressure from 14 to 16 or maybe even higher to 18. But the increase of 2 to 16 will likely at least reveal the AutoSet intent on needing more Max inhale pressure. In other words, you will see the AutoSet wants to increase Max pressure, but it currently cannot because it's capped at 14.

The increase is indicated by the pressure chart skipping along near the top from about 23:40 - 01:15. Increase Max pressure by 2, see if you see that and pegged aspect.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In your last graphs posted, the flow rate graph is unfortunately obscured. Best to make sure this is clearly visible. 

(No need to include snore nor tidal volume graph at this stage) 

Keep it simple, just 5 graphs for now -   

Events
Flow Rate,
Pressure, 
Leak Rate, 
Flow Limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a "heads-up" the default graph order is in the order of importance.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Kevin!

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's screenshot, adjusted settings

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,001 414,302 Yesterday, 12:29 PM
Last Post: btreger
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,300 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 804 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 29 906 09-23-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 111 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 12 320 09-21-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 122 09-18-2024, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.