Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

started to get a lot more centrals, questions
started to get a lot more centrals, questions
Hi,

Here are my charts for the past few days: https://imgur.com/a/4AJVh9K

I tried decreasing the PS, but I felt awful the next day. 5.5 PS is what I need, I tested it for a long time and that what works for me. So decreasing PS is out of the question.
If centrals go above 5 I feel tired the next day. Anything below 5 is acceptable for me. How do I solve this?

I feel sometimes when  going to sleep that the effort is there to breath, however the machine doesn't pick up on it properly, so I just breath in with the EPAP pressure.

My current machine is quite old, system one biflex.

I ordered a ventmed ds7 as a backup and it should arrive soon.

My therapy is quite solid. I very rarely have bad days. But I still don't feel good enough to excercise regularly for example. I am fairly young, 27.

I feel that I probalby don't need an ASV as my centrals are not very high, but I need to optimize the bipap therapy.

Do you think that ST mode will/can help? I read that it's not really tolerable by most people.

What do you think of the APCV mode? Can it help with centrals? I tried reading up on APCV, but there is not a lot of info out there for it regarding sleep apnea/uars
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: started to get a lot more centrals, questions
It is a bit difficult for me to read the charts on Imgur, but from what I can tell your current machine looks to be at its limits for helping further. If it is quite possible acquiring a ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto would be a better choice, specifically as it has additional features for triggering the transition from IPAP to EPAP or vice-versa.

In your case you may have a weaker inspiration signal or need more inspiration time, which would point towards needing a higher sensitivity trigger. If you need a more complete expiration we would go to a lower trigger setting. If you can acquire a new machine, I suggest keeping the same pressures to start and setting trigger to high or very high. Depending on how that goes folks can tweak further from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2024, 08:40 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: It is a bit difficult for me to read the charts on Imgur, but from what I can tell your current machine looks to be at its limits for helping further. If it is quite possible acquiring a ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto would be a better choice, specifically as it has additional features for triggering the transition from IPAP to EPAP or vice-versa.

In your case you may have a weaker inspiration signal or need more inspiration time, which would point towards needing a higher sensitivity trigger. If you need a more complete expiration we would go to a lower trigger setting. If you can acquire a new machine, I suggest keeping the same pressures to start and setting trigger to high or very high. Depending on how that goes folks can tweak further from there.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My new machine (ventmed ds-7) is coming in next week.

I can see it has settings which you have described (see attachemnt)

What is the difference between INSP trigger and INSP. sensitivity?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the manual I could find for that device, it looks like lower numbers are more sensitive and higher are less sensitive. You can try going with an inspiration trigger of 2, which may be similar to ResMed’s Trigger set to high.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just started Psyberian 1 165 10-16-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Recently started CPAP therapy (AHI 56.9) naani 11 489 10-12-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ASV Questions DreadPirateRawburts 1 147 10-07-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Just started 6 days ago! benjaminjaquith 20 962 10-06-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: benjaminjaquith
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 16 1,203 10-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 167 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 500 09-29-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.