Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

switched from Dreamstation to Luna II Auto
switched from Dreamstation to Luna II Auto
hi!  
  brand new to this board.  thanks to whomever had set this forum up for us! Smile
 I had been on the Dreamstation (1) for 5 years and just switched to Luna II Auto.  
I've seen some unexpected results (great difference in max pressures) switching from 1 machine to another and wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well.

On the Dreamstation, it would ramp up to 12 pressure (every night) and my typical AHI scores would be 0.9 to 1.5.
The new Luna II only ramps up to 8 pressure with AHI scores 0.4 to 0.8.

I am using the exact same mask.. im guessing the dreamstation had to just increase more pressure..since maybe it was just old and worn out?

with both machines, i am still able to sleep throughout the night just fine.. unlike... without a machine, i wake up every hour or 2, choking as if a boa constrictor was around my neck! doh! Smile

I guess i answered my own question.. just going to assume the old dreamstation was falling apart.. but still wondering if others saw dramatic pressure differences between different types of  machines?
Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 5 149 Yesterday, 04:07 AM
Last Post: indreams
  Switched to BIPAP JRTO808 10 324 10-04-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Mod Note] Luna G3 Data Request Crimson Nape 3 135 10-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Increase in Central Apneas Luna G3 PAP Link Data thowle 8 248 10-01-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Looking for a Luna G3 data file EasyWind 0 129 09-24-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: EasyWind
  React Luna G3 - Error 85 SMWinnie 0 134 09-15-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: SMWinnie
Wink Switched from Full Face Mask (mouth breather) to Nasal Pillow EntRESTo 1 353 08-07-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.