Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short (/Thread-Big-Gap-In-Readings-Hours-of-use-too-short)

Pages: 1 2

Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - an4g745 - 02-25-2024

My wife and I both have Resmed Airsense 11 CPAP machines. I've used it two years and her about two months. 
Anyway, her hours of use always seem about half what they should be. She says she is wearing all night, but the CPAP says maybe 4.5 hours.
Ive included her OSCAR output for last night.  Can anyone read this and tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - Crimson Nape - 02-25-2024

Try turning Smart Start off.
- Red

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - an4g745 - 02-25-2024

I just turned Smart Stop off, but why Smart Start?

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - Crimson Nape - 02-25-2024

It is known to cause problems in the past. This is the first place to look when you see intermittent data.
- Red

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - an4g745 - 02-25-2024

Thanks.

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - Sleeprider - 02-25-2024

On the next set of charts, please use the standard view. In Oscar go to View/Reset Graphs/Standard. It will help to see the leak graph as that will show if she is removing the mask, causing the shut-down of the CPAP. With Auto-Start off the CPAP will now continue to run and make noise. You should be able to hear if she is removing the mask.

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - whiskrzz - 02-25-2024

(02-25-2024, 03:56 PM)an4g745 Wrote: I just turned Smart Stop off, but why Smart Start?

The AirSense 10 only had the one option “Smart Start”. The AirSense 11 has both start and stop. I believe they mean “Smart Stop” in your case with an 11.

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - an4g745 - 02-28-2024

OK. Smart Start and Smart Stop are OFF.  Were still seeing big gaps and don't know the cause. Wife claims she is wearing it all night. How can we tell what is happening. I set all the graphs back to standard. This was from last night.  She says just one bathroom break.

[attachment=60367]

[attachment=60368]

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - Crimson Nape - 02-28-2024

Your Session Information, on the lower left, is showing several short sessions. If she knows that she did not do this, I would suspect a power interruption. This could be caused by a defective power supply or a bad connection. Your model should be under warranty. I would have your DME check it out.

- Red

RE: Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short - an4g745 - 02-28-2024

Thanks. I will try a different plug, but it probably is not working correctly.  Only 1.5 months old, and it has been doing it since new. Now how do I explain it to them that it's defective? That is the question. Power supply is only $30 on Amazon. Maybe that might be easier.

It makes sense now, because the CPAP was indicating the mask was removed 8-12 times a night, and wife says that is not true.