Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
PacificNW - therapy thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: PacificNW - therapy thread (/Thread-PacificNW-therapy-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - Sleeprider - 01-21-2023

Supplier #2 should be able to provide a second ASV for $1799 lightly used, or $2599 USD new. This would give you a full backup and you might be willing to travel with it. Did you get your first ASV in Canada? That's an outrageous price. I have been under the assumption that no one in Canada suffers from central apnea as there are no ASV machines dispensed. It's amazing.

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - pholynyk - 01-21-2023

The no ASV machines may only be true in Ontario, where it is not included in the ADP schedule, and my DME (at least) doesn't carry them.

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - PacificNW - 01-21-2023

@pholynyk - thank you, will do! FYI in BC it is not covered with our provincial medical insurance as well and my sleep clinic had hard time finding an ASV machine. My work extended insurance though covered it no questions asked.

@sleeprider -the person I worked with at the Supplier #2 told me that the $1799.00 machine is no longer available and the new one was a bit steep for me after the holidays Smile And the trip is coming in Feb. So I decided that 10 AHI is way better than 50 and got a VAuto.

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - Gideon - 01-21-2023

I am looking forward to seeing the VAuto results with the new settings.

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - Sleeprider - 01-22-2023

Inventory at Suppier #2 is constantly changing. ASk to be notified when an appropriate machine is received and they are usually helpful. These machines have been in much shorter supply since Covid.

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - PacificNW - 01-22-2023

Wow. Given I did not sleep well with a bit of cold, but wow!

[attachment=47225]

@Sleeprider - Looking at the numbers above, perhaps I can get away with the VAuto? Going to try it tonight with the full face mask - feels like staffed nose and nasal mask is not the best combo.

As for the supplier - absolutely. I am not complaining, if something they were very helpful. Those machines come and go and it might be a good idea to grab one when they have it. I decided to wait for a week and the machine was gone by the time I decided to get it.
Central apnea can be related to COVID19?

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - pholynyk - 01-22-2023

Assuming that Trigger is Very High, as mentioned earlier, and these results come consistently, I would say you have a pretty good backup plan.

BTW, the next release of OSCAR will display most of the therapy settings of the VAuto and other advanced machines.

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - PacificNW - 01-22-2023

(01-22-2023, 10:30 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Assuming that Trigger is Very High, as mentioned earlier, and these results come consistently, I would say you have a pretty good backup plan.

BTW, the next release of OSCAR will display most of the therapy settings of the VAuto and other advanced machines.

The settings were as planned:

Max IPAP 13
Min EPAP 7
PS 4
Trigger: Very High
Cycle : Med

Absolutely! This is as good as I get it with ASV.

Thank you so much!!

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - Sleeprider - 01-22-2023

Looks very good and unexpected for someone using SV therapy. We have found the Vauto with very high trigger sensitivity has mitigated central apnea in many members, but most of those are not using ASV as their primary machine. Hopefully these very good results will hold up and the Vauto will work out for travel. With central apnea, it's going to take a few more sessions to draw conclusions.

RE: PacificNW - therapy thread - Gideon - 01-22-2023

Not bad for a machine that is not at all designed to treat flow limitations.