Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem (/Thread-Wellue-Viatom-Checkme-O2-connection-problem)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - Crimson Nape - 05-31-2023

You have to use either the file created by the PC or from your cell phone. OSCAR does not support a direct import from the oximeter.

- Red

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - kappa - 06-03-2023

That cable looks a lot better than the original ones - sealed and short rather than a long easily opened housing. The "cable" is not just wires - it includes a CH9326 HID to Serial chip. Mine has been through the wars and I've had to repair the USB side and the cable side as it has been knocked and bent at various times.
[attachment=51195]

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - Neo2020 - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 12:44 AM)kappa Wrote: That cable looks a lot better than the original ones - sealed and short rather than a long easily opened housing. The "cable" is not just wires - it includes a CH9326 HID to Serial chip. Mine has been through the wars and I've had to repair the USB side and the cable side as it has been knocked and bent at various times.

I learnt the hard way losing my first usb cable and then got another O2ring a couple of years later and have been using insight software since instead of bluetooth . The 2nd O2 ring wont charge now so just going to send the ring back for a refund and keep the cable. See if that works. Grey band broke in middle on 1st one but since fixed it with sticky tape and is more comfortable than the grey stock ring on its own. Nice to have a circuit diagram to wire that chip up so I can make a longer cable.

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - Neo2020 - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 12:44 AM)kappa Wrote: That cable looks a lot better than the original ones - sealed and short rather than a long easily opened housing. The "cable" is not just wires - it includes a CH9326 HID to Serial chip. Mine has been through the wars and I've had to repair the USB side and the cable side as it has been knocked and bent at various times.

I learnt the hard way losing my first usb cable and then got another O2ring a couple of years later and have been using insight software since instead of bluetooth . The 2nd O2 ring wont charge now so just going to send the ring back for a refund and keep the cable. See if that works. Grey band broke in middle on 1st one but since fixed it with sticky tape and is more comfortable than the grey stock ring on its own. Nice to have a diagram to wire that chip up so I can make a longer cable.

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - Crimson Nape - 06-03-2023

Why not get a USB extension cable? So long as the USB/HID chip is in the physical path, it will work.

- Red

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - StratCat48 - 06-03-2023

Yup, the old style cable wasn't durable and flexing of the cable at the housing has a tendency to break the wires at the solder pads which is repairable if one can solder. My wife's O2Ring band did break and I 'stitched' it together which worked OK.
The new cable looks better designed and hopefully more durable. I think I would mark or tag it somehow to identify it as cable specifically  for the Checkme O2 as it looks too similar to other standard USB cables and could easily get mixed up with other cables. Replacement is pricey like its predecessor.
[DME Link Removed] See Supplier #40 - Wellue Data/Charging Cable

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----

[Image: 08kIg1f.jpg]

[Image: jzvTsB2.jpg]

Cable is hot glued to the housing and the wires have not broken off from the solder pads since doing this.

[Image: AcTipNu.jpg]

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - vgrando - 06-03-2023

I have a Vibeat OxyRing Oxygen Monitor and also have issues with connections not always working. I reread the help and they said to 1) turn the Bluetooth off and on, but that did not work. 2) They also said to delete the O2 ring from the ViHealth application. I did it and it worked!

I hope this helps!

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - kappa - 06-04-2023

StratCat48, it's interesting that your white cable is connected to RXD while mine is connected to TXD. It's possible that I rewired it incorrectly (not sure if both were broken off at some point), but it still works in its current state. Was the patch wire there when you opened it or did you add that as a repair?

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - Crimson Nape - 06-04-2023

I've had network patch cables that had the wrong wire color sequence, but because the other end matched, the cable worked correctly. Neither end matched the 568a or 568b spec.

- Red

RE: Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem - stanmcw - 08-05-2024

Hi there. I have mild to severe apea. I use the Checkme O2 max with Insight pro software. I've just switched from a pc to a macbook air. The Checkme O2 max can't be found on macbook's bluetooth search and no wifi symbol appears on the wrist band and ring.  Any ideas anyone?  Insight pro on the macbook can only connect with bluetooth.

On my previous pc setup - after a number of cable problems similar to those mentioned in this thread - everything was working well. But that was a cable connection.

Others might be interested to know that I have been using a scandavanial produce iQoro for about 18 months now (short practice 3 times per day training the muscles of the throat) and my last hospital-based test after 13 months use showed that my hourly events on side sleeping had reduced in a major way. The consultant considered that there was most likely connection with the use of iQoro BUT this is not proof that it works, or indeed for anyone else, or indeed that some other factor was at play (I'm an engineer so have a healthy skeptisism)  see iqoro.com I'm using Checkme O2 Max to try and keep a track on my O2 levels on nights when I don't use the CPAP. Previous results on the pc were very good, ie no dips in O2 level.