Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? (/Thread-I-m-back-tired-and-hopeless-But-is-Bilevel-the-answer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - DaveL - 04-26-2023

In case this helps....

anxiety--I use a holistic remedy.
Passion Flower.

It's a tincture I buy at a health food store. I buy it with an eye dropper dispenser.
Dr. Oz recommended it on his show years ago; he suggested using the eye dropper, fill it and swallow the tincture. Taste--a little bit strange. Fixes my anxiety issues. He recommended it for stress release.

Mine is made by StFrancis herb farm. I know your environment will be different.

I sleep better if I take it when I need it....used it for many years.

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - Sleeprider - 04-26-2023

At 00:38:30 you have flow limitation coming into the arousal at 00:39:20. This is a RERA with recovery breathing, which leads to a momentary pause in respiration, so the CA is false. The screenshot at 02:32 is showing inspiratory flow limitation that would best be addressed with additional pressure support, or possibly is related to positional issues. If this is not positional, the argument for bilevel is increasing from first impressions, and the CA is incidental to obstruction.

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - weuw - 04-26-2023

(04-26-2023, 08:10 AM)DaveL Wrote: In case this helps....

anxiety--I use a holistic remedy.  
Passion Flower.

It's a tincture I buy at a health food store. I buy it with an eye dropper dispenser.
Dr. Oz recommended it on his show years ago; he suggested using the eye dropper, fill it and swallow the tincture. Taste--a little bit strange.  Fixes my anxiety issues. He recommended it for stress release.

Mine is made by StFrancis herb farm.  I know your environment will be different.

I sleep better if I take it when I need it....used it for many years.

I take every day many herbs and indeed passion flower, beside drugs : Diazepam, things like that with low success...

Problem is I don't feel so anxyious every day, that's why I hope Bilevel could be an help in my case...

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - weuw - 04-26-2023

(04-26-2023, 08:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: At 00:38:30 you have flow limitation coming into the arousal at 00:39:20. This is a RERA with recovery breathing, which leads to a momentary pause in respiration, so the CA is false.  The screenshot at 02:32 is showing inspiratory flow limitation that would best be addressed with additional pressure support, or possibly is related to positional issues.  If this is not positional, the argument for bilevel is increasing from first impressions, and the CA is incidental to obstruction.

In case it could be positionnal you think cervical collar could be an aid ??

But I prefer to be helped with Bilevel.

I have an appointement Friday with a Doctor to talk about that.

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - Sleeprider - 04-26-2023

The flow limits are real, and normally can be addressed with bilevel. As I said before, the incidental CA events often respond to the trigger settings on a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto or S. When looking at your chart, how much does tidal volume or minute vent drip during periods of high flow limitation?

(04-26-2023, 10:10 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The flow limits are real, and normally can be addressed with bilevel. As I said before, the incidental CA events often respond to the trigger settings on a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto or S.  When looking at your chart, how much does tidal volume or minute vent drip during periods of high flow limitation?

I am not sure to answer correctly but here is the chart with Tidal Volume :

[attachment=50147]

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - weuw - 04-27-2023

Hi

This morning I feel better.
Pressure 8.4-12 EPR 3
AHI 2.6 / FL 0.09

Here's the night chart :

[attachment=50161]

And the CA capture at 2:55 when my AHI was at max :

[attachment=50162]

Can we still considerer that is a false CA ?

Thanks
Serge

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - weuw - 04-27-2023

And for the sake of completeness, here are O2 ring datas last time I used it

[attachment=50164]

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - weuw - 04-28-2023

I had my appointment this morning with the "doctor". She told me that maybe I don't have true apnea but only anxiety disorder which affect sleep.
She said RERA/UARS does not really exist...

And she asked me to try to sleep without CPAP or dental appliance for a moment, to check how I feel. Because my initial exam showed AHI 24 which is low.

Disappointing.

RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? - Crimson Nape - 04-28-2023

Not knowing your situation, but I think I would start looking for another doctor. Oh-jeez

- Red