Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose (/Thread-CPAP-Top-Hose-vs-Bottom-Hose)

Pages: 1 2

RE: F30i Full Face Mask by Resmed Top/Bottom Hose - LazyBones - 10-24-2023

Check out the "F&P Evora"

Pros and Cons for Top/Bottom Hose Placement - Jose Castro - 10-24-2023

Hello everyone! In your guy's opinion; what are the pros and cons on the bottom hose and top hose?  I know that the top hose give you more space and room to roll around in bed, however I don't know if the noise is something that is affecting my sleep, so I do want to try the bottom hose but I'm afraid the bottom hose will limit my movements. Just trying to figure out the most comfortable options for me...

RE: Pros and Cons for Top/Bottom Hose Placement - Nightynite - 10-24-2023

As far as figuring out the noise part, buy some Mack’s ear plugs on Amazon and wear those with the mask you have now. It’s a lot cheaper than buying a different mask because your not sure if your mask is noisy.

RE: F30i Full Face Mask by Resmed Top/Bottom Hose - DaveL - 10-24-2023

I have an F&P Evora Full mask and I've written a lot about it on this site... It's my favourite full face mask. I'm not claustrophobic using it. I bought it on line when I saw the price.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-New-F-P-Evora-Full-Face-Mask-Leaks

There are also mask reviews on the forum. Maybe they will help you.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-CPAP-Mask-Reviews

RE: F30i Full Face Mask by Resmed Top/Bottom Hose - robbob2112 - 10-24-2023

The resmed F30 is the bottom version - resmed uses the same model numbers with an 'i' at the end to denote the top connecting masks.

That said, make sure the f30i fits properly and if so you can get the exact same fit in the F30. Or in my case the wide was TOOO wide and the medium was to tight on the nose so I ordered the F&P Evora version of the mask.

RE: F30i Full Face Mask by Resmed Top/Bottom Hose - DaveL - 10-25-2023

I'm running away from my new DME supplier.  SMG Milton office hasn't worked out for me.  Yet their Burlington branch is amazing with wonderful people who have skill. So I'll return there.

Last straw. I returned the trial mask.  F30i ResMed.  It was awful. I was only given one insert. On returning it and saying I wasn't buying the mask they said there's a $50 fee for loaner masks if I don't buy.  This fee had never been discussed in 4 visits to their store.  Never was charged a fee at their other branch.  

For me, having a good DME supplier is key to good cpap therapy.  

So in line with this thread, my experience with the ResMed F30i mask (hose on top) was terrible. I'm sure it works for others.

DaveL
Toronto

RE: F30i Full Face Mask by Resmed Top/Bottom Hose - DaveL - 10-25-2023

@Jose Castro

I attempted to get a trial mask with hose connection in front. Wasn't successful with the DME supplier I tried. They pushed me towards the F&P Evora Full. I have one I bought online. it's 6 months old. I really like it. However, some nights it leaks terribly. Some nights it's perfect.

My thought...we're all different. What's garbage for me will be a prize for someone else.

ResMed has an F20 mask.
They have an F30 mask too.

Both are full face masks with hose connection on front.

I use a ResMed N20 mask. I tape my lips. Use a soft cervical collar. My numbers are good with AHI usually less than one. Doing this my leakage is controlled even though I mouth breath. But if I wake up to rush to the washroom, it takes me an hour to wake up enough to get all this stuff back on. And sometimes I get "monkey mind" and can't stop thinking enough to start sleeping. That's why I want a dependable and comfortable full face mask.

Last straw. Rushed with mask and tape and collar on. Scared my puppy. He bit me. That's why I take the stuff off.

DaveL
Toronto

RE: Pros and Cons for Top/Bottom Hose Placement - LazyBones - 10-26-2023

that F30i is a good mask, if the noise bothers you, make sure to eliminate all leaks. Then try the earplugs and try "cheek pads for CPAP mask" I noticed a reduction in noise that may be due to "bone conduction of sound", when I started wearing Cheek Pads.

RE: Pros and Cons for Top/Bottom Hose Placement - SarcasticDave94 - 10-27-2023

Welcome

I sincerely hope you find the answer to your mask choice. This is the biggest aspect of Apnea therapy.

Please note that when you create a thread, you can reply to others that are helping you. It does not require a new thread, unless it's about a very different subject. All 7 of your threads have no reply back from you, so I'm guessing you're not certain how this forum works. No offense intended, just trying to help you get the answers you're looking for.

RE: Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose - Jose Castro - 11-03-2023

Hello yes, It's kinda confusing for me, so I am still getting familiar with all of this. Not too tech savvy but I appreciate the feedback.

Hello yes, It's kinda confusing for me, so I am still getting familiar with all of this. Not too tech savvy but I appreciate the feedback.