Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Advice on ASV machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Advice on ASV machine (/Thread-Equipment-Advice-on-ASV-machine)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Advice on ASV machine - Sleeprider - 10-29-2023

I agree! If I had to choose between the 10 and 11, I would always go for the 10. The 11 uses a smaller motor used in the Resmed Mini. It has some drawbacks compared to the 10 unless you really need the smaller machine. Resmed has not transitioned any of its bilevel machines into the 11 series yet, and I have to wonder if it is lacking the guts to produce the same therapy.

I previously suggested you try a new Airsense 10 at $474. What price range are you shopping?

RE: Advice on ASV machine - jtrops - 10-29-2023

The Aircurve ASV that I mentioned in my first post is $250, and includes a new unopened mask, and hose. I have found some other devices with low hours between $250 and $350, but those either don't come with hose/mask, or they are used and we would replace them.

$474 isn't bad, and while all of this is a bit of a reach for us, it is far more workable than $1200.

I'ts good to know that the 10 is preferred. Size is not important to us, but we don't want something that may not be as reliable.

RE: Advice on ASV machine - Nightynite - 10-29-2023

Another plus for the A10 is we now know how to get and replace the motor if they go bad. As long as you’re somewhat handy you can keep the A10 running well beyond their normal life span.

(10-29-2023, 06:36 PM)Nightynite Wrote: Another plus for the A10 is we now know how to get and replace the motor if they go bad. As long as you’re somewhat handy you can keep the A10 running well beyond their normal life span.

As a bike mechanic I think I'm up to the task.

Hmm. only $100 for a new motor.

RE: Advice on ASV machine - Nightynite - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:43 PM)jtrops Wrote: As a bike mechanic I think I'm up to the task.

Hmm. only $100 for a new motor.

Yep, new motor, a YouTube video and a a Torx screwdriver and your good to go.

RE: Advice on ASV machine - SarcasticDave94 - 10-29-2023

Go with a ResMed A10, they'll be cheaper, more available as used if you choose that, fairly easy motor replacement, established good, reliable track record...

Unless I'm missing something the Aircurve 10 and Airsense 10 both use the same motor.  I assume it will be about the same amount of work to replace either.  I could be wrong about that though.

The aircurve I was looking at is $250 which seems like a pretty good deal if it would work.

RE: Advice on ASV machine - SarcasticDave94 - 10-29-2023

BTW I'm seeing a used AS 10 AutoSet in Colorado for $249, shows 30 run hours, looks like PAP, 2 piece power cord, humidifier tub, case

Colorado Springs area, not sure how close that'll be

RE: Advice on ASV machine - robbob2112 - 10-29-2023

Something I read here said the ASV has a larger motor that the regular a10 series? Not certain on that.

RE: Advice on ASV machine - Crimson Nape - 10-29-2023

All the A10s are the same hardware. The difference is the firmware.

- Red