Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines (/Thread-Resmed-37028-Autosense-Whines)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - SarcasticDave94 - 11-20-2023

I think 20K is about the life of the blower, so it's time to swap it.

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - Sleeprider - 11-20-2023

We typically see a Motor Life Exceeded warning at just under 22,000 hours. You can find the run-hours in the clinical menu near the bottom in the "About' section. Run-hours are not re settable except by a repair facility. Replacing the motor does not turn off the motor life exceeded warning, however the device should be good for thousands more hours of use.

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - SleepHungry - 11-20-2023

(11-20-2023, 05:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We typically see a Motor Life Exceeded warning at just under 22,000 hours. You can find the run-hours in the clinical menu near the bottom in the "About' section. Run-hours are not re settable except by a repair facility. Replacing the motor does not turn off the motor life exceeded warning, however the device should be good for thousands more hours of use.

I have never seen the warning message, so maybe I will see it soon since I am at 21,493.  

My other question was Airsense 11 vs newer Airsense 10.  Am si missing something by getting a newer Airsense 10?  

Thank you

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - SarcasticDave94 - 11-20-2023

You'll likely be just fine with the 10 series. It's been around, yes, but been reliable.

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - Sleeprider - 11-20-2023

Not only are you not missing anything, I think the consensus is that the 10 is better. You can get the Airsense 10 Autoset card to cloud version from Supplier #1 on Black Friday special now at $499 (code BF23). There are some other good deals out there if you look, but limits on minimum advertised price means you get a better deal by calling.

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - SleepHungry - 11-23-2023

Guys, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

I had the best sleep last night because I replaced the motor.  
I bought the motor for $101 from that big supplier of everything.  Ordered it Monday, got it yesterday and I used my soft electric screwdriver which has a set of small Allen and Torx bits.  I don’t remember what size it was but it was an allen, not torx, and the same size throughout.  
The rubber housing was dusty so I washed it with dawn soap, rinsed it well and dried it with a hair dryer.  Everything was really easy. The only thing that went wrong is the four very thin wire that go into a tiny bracket that connects to the board.  Well, I could not get that to stick and one of the wires came off.  I gambled it.  I was able to connect them but not how they shave been.  I believe it is a connection to the modem and since that is irrelevant now, I finished putting the CPAP back together.  
The pressure was stronger and since I didn’t change any settings, I guessed the new motor is more powerful compared to what the old one was pumping for the past few years.  Super quiet.  Probably quieter than the original.  I slept 5 hours straight then a couple more.  What a relief.  
Very thankful for all your help and hopyou all had a great Thanksgiving.  
Now I can wait until January to go see a new Dr to prescribe a new machine.  
Thanks for the input on the machines.  I will stick with the Airsense 10.  I just don’t know what the latest versions of that model bring to the table.  
Cheers

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - SarcasticDave94 - 11-23-2023

Congrats on the win.

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - Nightynite - 11-24-2023

Good job! Another one for Apneaboard diy team.

RE: Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines - UnicornRider - 11-24-2023

(11-20-2023, 03:11 PM)SleepHungry Wrote: It says 21,493.  
I am going to send it for repair.
Does Oscar pull all this info?  I guess i'll just write some of the numbers down to make sure i get the same machine back.  it would be backup once i get a new one.
Supplier 27 sent me a label already with a pre-validated estimate of $270.  Crazy?
I am going to check supplier 28.  
Going to suck it up and use my airmini until I get it back.  
Appreciate your guidance.

OSCAR will track the change of *PAP machines by make/model/serial number, at the bottom of the "Statistic" page.

For the motor change and hours, you can make a note on the OSCAR "Daily" page, just above the "orange AHI banner", you will see a tab labeled "Notes".

I do not know of any way to search notes for an entry though, so for future reference you my want to write on the bottom/inside of the ResMed unit, the motor change date and hours.
  Good to hear your success!
Sleep-well