Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ASV settings and tips - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ASV settings and tips (/Thread-ASV-settings-and-tips)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: ASV settings and tips - jcp519 - 02-23-2024

I tried blowing hard into the machine, but sometimes it doesn't help much. It seems that I just need to try to get used to it  Dont-know

I had similar issues getting to sleep when I first started CPAP so I assume I'll slowly get used to the machine.

RE: ASV settings and tips - SarcasticDave94 - 02-23-2024

Charts looks like it's getting better. Keep working on getting used to the lung blower.

RE: ASV settings and tips - stevew168 - 02-23-2024

I've found that making sure you breathe at a normal, uniform respiratory rate when you start the ASV is important, because it sets the backup rate based on this in the first few minutes of use. That way you will rarely get 'blasted' by the ASV trying to maintain the backup rate. It looks like you have set up the EPAP and PS very well. In my case I set the min settings slightly higher, based on the fact that my EPAP rarely goes below 6 during the night in OSCAR, and Pressure Support min of 4 gives me a better tidal volume and a bit higher overall SpO2. It depends on your comfort level, but I agree that setting the max of both settings to the default of 15 works very well because it only goes to these when you need it.

RE: ASV settings and tips - jcp519 - 02-24-2024

I managed to have a great night with the ASV last night. I just let the machine do its thing, it wasn't too bad falling asleep. Taking a couple benadryl helped to knock me out as well. I feel so much better today, even more so than when I was using the CPAP. Getting out of bed was easy today and I never really felt tired at all.

My numbers have definitely improved too, only 3 apneas and 8 hypopneas for the whole night. I'm still going to work on getting the large leaks down, but they weren't too bad last night.

[attachment=60148]

RE: ASV settings and tips - robbob2112 - 02-24-2024

And it gets better from here. If you have any leak issues work on them.

RE: ASV settings and tips - jcp519 - 02-26-2024

I had 2 great nights the past couple days. I feel good waking up with very little tiredness throughout the day. The only negative thing is a very minor amount of aerophagia, which usually resolves within 30 mins of waking up. I have been wearing a cervical collar to address any positional issues.

Any suggestions on things to improve? Seems the settings are dialed in pretty well now.

[attachment=60250][attachment=60251]

RE: ASV settings and tips - jcp519 - 03-04-2024

I wanted to give an update to how well my therapy is going!

My AHI is consistently below 1 now with many nights having no apneas and very few hypopneas. I have the leaks under control now. I'm able to much more easily fall asleep with the machine now. The pressure relief when exhale is so much better than using a cpap, its actually quite comforting. I've also switched masks to the P30i, which I find a little bit more comfortable than the dreamwear pillows I was previously using. I also feel better about not supporting Philips after everything that went on with them the past couple years... even though I am employed by them.

I'm also feeling much better than I did on CPAP, I really don't get tired anymore until past 8pm, and I'm able to fall asleep much more easily when I go to bed. My energy levels have definitely increased and my brain fog is hardly there anymore. Getting out of bed in the morning is no longer the chore that it used to be. 

Thank you to all that helped me get to this point! Especially Sleeprider!  Thanks

[attachment=60592]

RE: ASV settings and tips - Sleeprider - 03-04-2024

Man! I have to start taking my own advise. I haven't seen charts like that for a long time. Congrats on the success.

RE: ASV settings and tips - SarcasticDave94 - 03-04-2024

Congrats.

RE: ASV settings and tips - stevew168 - 03-04-2024

That chart looks like mine often with the ASV. If you have lots of CA's, get one. It has changed my life; I feel 30 years younger!