Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation (/Thread-New-to-BIPAP-Oscar-Evaluation)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - staceyburke - 06-16-2024

As you know your positional apnea is still there, the collar you are getting should help that.

I would set min 8
Ps 4
Leave max where it is
Keep trigger at very high
Mode VAUTO

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - Deborah K. - 06-16-2024

It will help the folks here help you if you set up your Oscar chart a little differently. We need to see the following, in the order listed: Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Flow Limits. We need to see to the very bottom of the Flow Limits. Thanks!

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - mikesj - 06-16-2024

Hi Staceyburke

When you say "Leave max where it is" when I change to vauto the default is 16 or do you mean have it set to 12?

Deborah K,

My Oscar doesn't have flow limits currently. As I understand that's only available when in vauto so if so I'll be able to add that chart starting tomorrow.

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - mikesj - 06-18-2024

Well I got the neck brace pillow and have now used it for 2 days.

The first day I wokeup with it not on and across the room (I must of torn it off and threw it).  Put it back on and it happened again.  Last night I managed to wear it the entire night but i'm not seeing a reduction in my OA.

Any other suggestions on what to try?

[attachment=65853]

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - mikesj - 06-20-2024

I continue to try and tweak, but after a few days of using the neck brace pillow it's just was not reducing my apnea's at all, in fact it seemed to be causing it to increase.

Last night I decided to not use it, lowered my pillow (removed some of the memory foam) and reduced my MAX to 12.

My Best results so far, but still pretty bad I think.

[attachment=65956]

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - staceyburke - 06-20-2024

You need to set the mode to VAUTO if you have not. All of your screenshots says mode unknown.

There is a trigger setting on Vauto you can se it to normal, high, extra high.

Set it to high tonight and let’s see if it helps your centrals. Then we will go extra high IF you still have a lot of centrals.

You can buy a collar from riteaid, Walgreens, Walmart and I’m sure other places - even supermarkets. The two measurements is neck size and height. Measure the distance from your chin to you sternum for the height.

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - mikesj - 06-20-2024

It has been on vauto for multiple days now set on very high,  I dunno why Oscar isn't showing properly.

I can try another pillow type but that won't help with the central still happening right?

RE: New to BIPAP - Oscar Evaluation - staceyburke - 06-20-2024

Not a pillow a collar and no very high is all you can do for centrals. The collar is for positional apnea.

You B can try to go to PS 3 might help central. Just make sure it is set to VAUTO and trigger set to very high. I can’t tell you how many times someone thinks they have it set right but don’t.