Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes (/Thread-New-to-CPAP-have-3-instances-of-Cheyne-Stokes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - PeaceLoveAndPizza - 07-07-2024

As Jay said, fix the leaks and the positional apnoea. 

I suggest not changing the settings until the leaks and positional issues are under control. Until that time you may be tilting at the wrong windmills.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - Old Steve - 07-07-2024

If you are a back sleeper you can try sleeping on your side, that is how I sleep to eliminate my positional apnea problem.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 07-07-2024

I’ve always thought I was a side sleeper but it’s starting to look like I sleep on my back the majority of the night. Will try to resolve that by propping pillows behind me so I don’t turn onto my back. 

Leaks: will try with the F30 for a few nights (I mouth breath but am trying to keep tip of my tongue against the back of top teeth). I have ordered a cervical collar but it’s not due to arrive until middle of July. 

Will keep the settings as is.

Will post data after another couple of nights sleep.

Feeling super tired but understand with all the leaks I’m not getting any benefit from the machine

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 07-11-2024

[attachment=66890][attachment=66891]

Hi - my SCC has still not arrived so have been sleeping with a flatter pillow and a neck support travel pillow that's turned around so that the main part of the support pillow is under my chin. I also sleep with a chinstrap on and am using the F30 mask. Still having a lot of trouble. 

Is it possible someone can look at my attached data from 9th, 10th and 11th July and see whether I need to try some different settings while I'm waiting for my SCC to arrive.

[attachment=66893][attachment=66894]

[attachment=66895][attachment=66896]

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 07-30-2024

[attachment=67678][attachment=67679]

Hi All,

Finally, last week, my SCC arrived from America (3M Futuro), and I've been getting used to sleeping with it on.  

I'm attaching my last three nights sleep data.  I sleep with the Air Touch F20 and a flat pillow.  My settings are as before:

Mode: APAP
Min Pressure: 8
Max Pressure: 15
EPR: 3 full-time
No ramp

As you can see on Sunday I had no leaks but a lot of RERA's. On Monday 2 large leaks and 1 RERA.  On Tuesday I'm back to large leaks and RERA's.  I thought I'd cracked it Monday night  Shy  

Could someone check my data and see if there's any settings I need to change.  I have read the Mask Primer tutorial and the Positional Apnea one.  I'm also sleeping with a firm pillow behind my back to try and stop back sleeping (if this is what is causing these leaks and RERA's).

Any and all help very much appreciated.

[attachment=67680][attachment=67681]

[attachment=67682][attachment=67683]

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 07-31-2024

[attachment=67762][attachment=67763]

Last night my data looked good again (attached).  Didn't feel I did anything different to the last few nights so am confused as to how to make this consistent across multiple nights.  Thinking-about I'm assuming my settings don't need to be changed.  Could anyone confirm this?

@peaceloveandpizza? @opal rose?

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 08-02-2024

Sorry to be a nuisance but can anybody check the recent charts and advise please

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - OpalRose - 08-02-2024

Number wise, the chart for July 31 looks decent, but you still have high Flow Limitation even with the use of EPR 3. The only way to go with this current machine is to raise the pressure a bit.

It seems like you need higher EPR/PS to bring the flow limitation down. A BiLevel may be something to consider, but for now, we have to work with your current setup.

Have you always used the For Her mode? Let's see how the Auto mode works a higher minimum pressure. Looking at your median pressure which seems to be between 11 and 12. That's probably where you need to be, but for now, try a minimum of 10cm.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 08-02-2024

Thanks Opal Rose. Have raised the min pressure to 10 so the pressure settings are now 10-15 with an EPR of 3 full time. Fingers crossed this does the trick.

When I first got my machine it was set to CPAP mode with a pressure set by ResMed staff (not a Dr or technician) of 4-20. For info I was sooo tired by that point I was like a zombie when they were trying me out with a mask and talking about, well, to me, goobledegook! 

It was Peaceloveandpizza who advised going to APAP and pressure settings etc.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 08-03-2024

Hi Opal Rose,

I've attached 2 nights worth of data with the min pressure set to 10. Can you tell me if things are looking better or if anything needs to be changed. 

I've also attached a screen shot of a zoomed in flow rate from Friday night - and was wondering what this represents as no events were recorded at this time.  This wasn't a one off either, it happened often during the night.

As before any help appreciated.

[attachment=67867]
[attachment=67868]
[attachment=67869]

[attachment=67870]
[attachment=67871]