Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. (/Thread-Feeling-bad-despite-all-of-my-attempts-And-Central-apneas)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - G. Szabo - 08-10-2024

Have you tried mouth taping?

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - Preparedinho - 08-11-2024

No, but I will eventually try it if you think EPR is causing the CAs.
I tried fixed pressure, these are the results (i still woke up quite a lot during the night):
PS: below Ramp Pressure the other settings are:
1) Ramp time: 5 minutes
2) Response: soft
3) Smart start: on
4) Temperature: 27 degrees
5) Temperature enable: auto

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - Preparedinho - 08-11-2024

I can add the fact that with a full face mask (full of leaks unfortunately) I had almost no CAs but a lof of Hypopneas. 
I suspect the pillows are inducing my CAs but it's the only mask I can use easily and it's actually helping me even psychologically because my nose breathing sux and with that I feel more at ease.

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - G. Szabo - 08-11-2024

(08-11-2024, 02:58 AM)Preparedinho Wrote: No, but I will eventually try it if you think EPR is causing the CAs.

I believe you will have fewer CAs with EPR off. 
Males generally do better with the Standard response than the Soft. I suggest changing it. 
[color=initial]During ramp, you have no treatment; hence, turning it off is better. 
At tube temperature 27 and humidity 4, I feel the moisture is too low, and my nose and throat are drying out. I am using humidity 8. I trust you could increase the moisture to 5 or even 6; it can reduce your nasal congestion and might reduce your flow limits.

Do you prefer CPAP mode instead of APAP?

I am trying to self titrate and the goal is reducing the events the more I can + having no more arousals/awakenings + regularising my breathing.. 
At the moment I'm trying with CPAP instead of APAP yeah, just a test. I'll go like that for 3 nights. If it will be bad I'll try to use MAD again, or I will try smth else.

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - Preparedinho - 08-15-2024

Hello, I tried fixed pressure again (9) but these are the results. I don't know what to do more. I feel like crap in the morning and crashing in the afternoons.
I am demotivated.
Maybe I'll try to go back to 8-20 APAP mode, it was better apparently.. or just luck.

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - G. Szabo - 08-15-2024

I believe APAP is more beneficial. You can improve the results you posted on 08-09-2024, 02:09 AM, by the following settings:

Mode APAP
Min pressure 9.6
Max pressure 11
EPR off 
Response standard

In addition, you need to reduce the leaks because they compromise your treatment and probably contribute to your CAs as well. You should try a different mask if you cannot fix the current one. 
Mitigate your nose congestion with nasal spray and tape your mouth. 

You need a bilevel instrument with trigger control if your CAs do not reduce over a few weeks.     

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - Preparedinho - 08-19-2024

Hello, I have news. I tried to sleep with fixed pressure of 4 to see if I was having more events (basically for understanding how many events I normally have) and surprisingly the events were LESS! However I felt worse in the morning AND in the afternoon, also my gf told me that my night was more disturbed. 
I don't know if this is meaningful or just data from a random night but I felt like sharing. 
I will try the pressure range you told me for a few days to see how I'll feel.

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - staceyburke - 08-19-2024

Looking at your LAST nights post, your flow limits are quite high. Flow Limits ARE apnea they are just not as long as O or H events.  You had flow limits ALL night.  To control FL we use EPR and yours is turned off.  I would suggest you use EPR set to full time and set at 3.

RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. - Preparedinho - 08-20-2024

Yeah I do have problems with that.. I will follow your advice but I'm starting to get crazy ahaha.
Last night I had annoying mouth leaks, I'll tape that down.