Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice (/Thread-Changed-BiPAP-machines-need-advice)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - Sleeprider - 03-16-2018

Most people seem to do best to start with a shorter height of 2-1/2 to 3 inches and enough diameter to fit comfortably (somewhat loosely). You can take a look at the ones at a local Walgreens or Walmart as well. I have seen a number of members get the Caldera on Amazon.

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - Hojo - 03-16-2018

Agree on the shorter collar, you don't need a collar like your going to wear it after a spinal injury, just to help keep your chin up.

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - gwc2795 - 03-17-2018

Thanks for the information. I ordered this one as a first try.
Commercial Link Removed.  Search Amazon for Foam Cervical Collar Universal 3" Black.

Gerry

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - gwc2795 - 03-19-2018

I have attached the latest SH chart which is looking much better IMO. I have made the following changes from original settings:

Changed EPAP from 12 to 13
I did this to try and lower the OA's

Changed start ramp pressure from 8 to 9
I did this because I seem unable to breath at the first of the ramp time.

Changed TiMax from 2.0 to 2.2
Change made for longer Insp.Time.

My Insp is still be cut off as shown in the SH attachment. Should I increase the TiMax some more?

[attachment=4995]

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - Sleeprider - 03-19-2018

I would hold on TiMax. Your 95% is 2.06, and no matter what you set, the max will always equal the setting. This looks good.

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - gwc2795 - 03-20-2018

Will you explain what happened on my Exp. Time around 22:40?
It bottomed out at 0.20 seconds.

[attachment=5008]

Thank all of you for the wonderful information.

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - Sleeprider - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 05:13 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: Will you explain what happened on my Exp. Time around 22:40?
It bottomed out at 0.20 seconds.

Thank all of you for the wonderful information.

Post the flow rate chart close-up. The answer will be there.  First guess is a leak or exhale around the mask. Obviously your expiratory time did not drop to zero and this is just a data anomaly.  You should get used to it.

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - gwc2795 - 03-20-2018

[attachment=5010]

This is the zoomed in chart.

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - gwc2795 - 03-21-2018

[attachment=5015]
Another chart with very low Exp. Time. Lasted about 4 minutes last night. I zoomed the chart into the area.

RE: Changed BiPAP machines--need advice - Sleeprider - 03-21-2018

Your respiration rate is normal, and what goes in, must come out. If you will please zoom in so the individual breaths are visible, I can break this down for you.  I'm looking for something like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4258]