Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: tbhausen - Therapy Thread (/Thread-tbhausen-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Sleeprider - 11-01-2023

Yes. It lowers your pressure but allows it to return to the levels you're currently using with BiPAP S. In addition, we will finally get to see what is going on with flow limitation which is not recorded in S-mode. If a mask requires tightening to an uncomfortable level to prevent leaks, the mask does not fit. A mask should be able to float on the face and maintain a seal. The straps are to stabilize the mask and hold it in place, not to squeeze out leaks. I hope the Bleep mask helps. I think the Vauto pressure will be better to explore your needs with the new mask.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-01-2023

Great, I'll give it a try tonight. This stuff will all be obvious settings in the clinician menu?

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Sleeprider - 11-01-2023

Yes. Once you get into the clinical menu, the mode should be the first thing to set to Vauto. With that done, EPAP min Max pressure and PS are all available.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-01-2023

OK, thanks again. I just requested the manual. We’ll see how it goes tonight!

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-02-2023

Wow, what a difference!

No mask leakage problems, solid stats, I feel great today. I think the two isolated, large leaks were from me monkeying around with the mask. I only awoke once. When I did, I thought "is this thing still working?" since it was so comfortable.

I'll try a P10i to see if I can kick the habit of mouth breathing without tape, but I might not even bother with Bleep Eclipse now. If it can get much better than this, I'll be surprised. Why would any provider not utilize the VAuto feature from the start?

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Sleeprider - 11-02-2023

Good to hear this was more comfortable and you had a good night. Vauto has revealed a few issues that were not recorded with S-mode. Move the flow limit graph upwards. With Vauto enabled we are seeing them, and they are significant and clustered. You are chin-tucking or otherwise causing a positional obstruction in your airway. You can see 3 major times where this is occurring. Read the positional apnea Wiki article and if we see this level of FL continue, we might suggest an increase in pressure support to 4.4. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Optimizing_therapy#Positional_Apnea

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-02-2023

OK... I rearranged the graphs per the wiki article so only screenshot should be enough now. I read the positional apnea article yesterday and almost ordered a soft cervical collar. I'll watch that over the next couple of days.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-03-2023

I tried the Bleep Eclipse last night. It was a pretty positive experience (OSCAR data below). I did catch myself leaking through the mouth a handful of times (not mouth breathing is going to have to be a learned skill--if I can do it). Those "mouth leaks" don't seem too bad, though, other than that first one.

I did forget to set Mask Type to Pillows--not sure if/how that may have skewed the data.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-04-2023

@Sleeprider:

Here's last night's data (second night on Bleep Eclipse). I thought mouth breathing would be a problem, but maybe it isn't? I did knock one nostril off by rolling around and puling on the hose and had to reattach it (accounting for one of the two short-duration large leaks; I can't explain the other). I slept and feel great. I'm hooked on the Eclipse unless you guys see anything to dis-recommend it. Is this lower pressure the machine indicates OK if my RX was for 18/14? AHI looks good?

Note: on the first night with Eclipse (yesterday), I forgot to set Mask Type to Pillows (it was still set to Full Face).

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Sleeprider - 11-05-2023

The lower pressure is working very well and is actually a significant improvement over your Rx and now your flow limit episodes seem to have quieted down. Sleeping better counts! The leaks don't look too alarming and you seem to mostly control the air from going through your mouth. I sometimes pull a corner of my pillow between my shoulder and jaw if I get a case of the mouth leaks. That is usually just enough to get it back under control.