Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again (/Thread-Symptoms-New-CPAP-User-Started-Snoring-Again)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 02-11-2024

First night with the collar, it's gonna take some getting used to. Slightly harder to fall asleep, and I woke up a few times and was SURE I felt leaking at the bottom of my mouth. Felt like the mask was trying to flip up from the bottom. Data only shows one big leak, I couldn't get sued to the pressure trying to fall back asleep so I shut off then re-started the machine. I think I need to keep adjusting the collar, seems like I'm not seeing a huge benefit from it yet.

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 02-12-2024

Here's last night! Getting more sued to the collar, I haven't noticed feeling any different. I didn't have to drag myself out of bed, which is unusual for a monday. All the numbers seem improved, but still lots of flow restrictions.

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 02-14-2024

SO here's the last two nights. What should I try adjusting at this point? Leaks were fantastic Sunday night, but last night has better AHI numbers. I'll still using the collar, I haven't noticed much if any difference in my quality of sleep.

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - Sleeprider - 02-14-2024

The collar seems to be helping. We can see some distinct clusters of flow limitation where your head/neck position got out of sorts, but this is improvement, and OA events are mostly resolved. That's great! If you're comfortable with the pressure, it looks like you should move minimum pressure up close to your median therapy pressure of 13 cm. Most events seem to arise when pressure is below that.

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 02-17-2024

Last two nights attached! I had a sore neck Thursday morning, so I've been adjusting the amount of buckwheat in my pillow. I think the collar has changed my sleeping position some, so I am in the process of adjusting the pillow again. I upped the min to 13, do I need to make any other changes at this time?

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 02-25-2024

So here's a weeks worth of data, with no changes made to any settings or sleeping position. I am using still using the collar, and did not pull the sd card until today. I had noticed my AHI begin increased on the resmed app, and starting to feel discouraged seeing the AHI go up. What should I do at this point?

Next 3 nights since I hit the attachment limit.

Final 2 , bringing us up to current.

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - Sleeprider - 02-25-2024

When events occur, they remain clustered. While your event rate has improved, it's not resolved. It might help to know what your sleep position is when these events occur. I don't know how much you want to reduce events below 2-AHI, but some members have used night vision cameras to figure this out, or just prevented back-sleeping with different methods. How is your sleep?

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 02-26-2024

My wife has informed me that I'm always on my back, and in the past when snoring I would stop when switching to my side. Camera is a great idea, but I'll see if I can get comfortable on my side tonight and see how it works. I suspect that will be easier than a camera setup. I will post the Oscar data when I get home, but resmed app says my AHI was 0.9, which is the lowest ever.

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 02-27-2024

Here is last night and Sunday night. Last night I attempt to sleep on my side, it's definitely gonna take some getting used to. I woke up a lot and had trouble getting comfortable. I will attempt again and continue to update this thread!

RE: New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again - heyou - 03-02-2024

The remainder of the week attached. side sleeping is still not as comfortable, but I THINK I'm getting more comfortable. I have been playing with mask adjustment as well, because I have it tight enough to leave lines on my face, but it seems like leaks are an issue again. <y initial mask was a resmed F30, then I switched to an F30i for the top hose attachment. I still have the F30, worth trying that and see if I get better sealing? Should I keep trying to adjust to side sleeping? Any other insights?