Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Warnick13 Therapy Help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Warnick13 Therapy Help (/Thread-Warnick13-Therapy-Help)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-24-2024

The funny thing was I switched from a down pillow to this CPAP pillow, thinking it would work better!

Sleeping on my side is no problem - I can’t sleep on my back.  I’m going to switch back to my old down pillow tonight and see how that goes.  I do find the CPAP pillow comfortable compared to others I’ve tried but it’s not working

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-26-2024

One thing I forgot to ask is should I be adjusting the max pressure in addition to the min?  I will post OSCAR results tomorrow from the last few days for interpretation and suggestions.  I did stick with my CPAP pillow for the last few nights and the leak rate was good last night; I think I was more conscious about "chin tucking" so if I noticed I was at various points, I'd readjust.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - OpalRose - 02-26-2024

Post a chart tomorrow and we'll see where you are at.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-27-2024

Morning, 

I've attached my last three days of data.  Last night's sleep was by far the best; I wasn't awake multiple times fiddling with the mask like the previous night, rising my wife's urge to kill due the sound of constant velcro ripping LOL.  When I was up at 4 AM to use the bathroom, I did find that the cheek straps were looser; once I tightened them back up, leak rate improved.  I don't know if there is a trick to keeping the straps from loosening over the course of the night.  I tried to fall back asleep after that but was pretty much awake but I did feel that I got a good quality of sleep.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Expat31 - 02-27-2024

Hello, 
Just a thought - isn't the best way to keep the straps from loosening by simply wrapping some tape around the velcro, like Micropore?

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - OpalRose - 02-27-2024

When first trying to fit your mask, try this:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mask_Primer#How_to_achieve_the_perfect_mask_fit_-_GUARANTEED.21_by_Jeffy1958

I do tend to think you could use EPR 3 to keep FL down, but the minimum pressure would need to come up a bit too.
If you want, bring the maximum pressure down to 15cm.  

I don't want to change too much since you were comfortable last night.  Quality of sleep is more important than AHI numbers, plus we want to keep your wife from killing you...  Smile

Keep working on the leaks and mask fit.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-27-2024

I think I might be putting the AirTouch F20 too low on my face so that may be a cause of leaks and comfort. Should I change the EPR to 3 and bring minimum pressure up now or hold for a few days but lower the max to 15?
I can't thank everyone enough for all their help, tips and feedback.  I was starting to think that the CPAP was a waste of time and money since nothing really seemed to be addressing the snoring.  I am hoping that with a few more tweaks with pressure, mask fit and sleeping position, I can finally get it sorted out!

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - OpalRose - 02-27-2024

Lowering the max pressure probably won't matter, unless the FL causes the pressure to rise that high, and so far, I haven't seen that. I just personally like to see a narrower range.

The EPR set at 3 did help bring FL down. The EPR set at 2 allowed the FL to rise a little. Overall, not that much of a difference.

Hold with current settings for a couple days, but lowering the max pressure can be done at any time.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-28-2024

Last night's results attached for analysis and suggestions.  Feel rested, no ill effects, felt comfortable with the mask.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - robbob2112 - 02-28-2024

When I am changing my pressures I always test for 3 days unless I get really horrible results. For me the first night typically isn't the best as I get used to it.

On my F20 airtouch or the F20 airfit mask I tape the lower edge to keep it in the proper place since they tend to ride up on me in sleep.

If it is touching you at the bridge of the nose or slightly lower and much lower than the lower lip you may want to try one size down.