Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread (/Thread-Abdulfakih-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: So, I got my CPAP and Im kinda lost - staceyburke - 05-30-2024

I think you would do much better with the following settings. 

Min 7
EPR full time
EPR 3

Give it a night and post tomorrow.

RE: So, I got my CPAP and Im kinda lost - Abdulfakih - 05-30-2024

Hi,

So I have been using some google and it looks like my machine went straight to 10 most of the night. Does that mean i should perhaps increase it?

RE: So, I got my CPAP and Im kinda lost - OpalRose - 05-30-2024

Welcome to Apnea Board!

I believe that first we should make some adjustments to your pressure settings.

Set your minimum pressure at 9cm. (You could try 10), with a maximum of 15cm.  See what you are comfortable with.

Set EPR to 3 (full time).  This will help control flow limitation and Hypopnea.  (Could also increase CA's, but we'll keep watch on that).  It's more important to try and control the FL first and get you more comfortable sleeping.

Turn off the Ramp feature.  

I also see some "minor" Positional Apnea, more so in the early morning hours.  This occurs if you are sleeping in a way that cuts off your air supply.  Using more than one pillow, or a pillow that is too tall (if sleeping on your back) can cause your head to tilt forward into your chest.  Positional Apnea can occur while sleeping on your side too, if in a fetal position.

Try to be aware of this and make adjustments in how you sleep.  It's not bad, and this is just one night.  Read through this link for a better understanding.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Optimizing_therapy#Positional_Apnea

Next, your leaks aren't bad, but the spikey areas indicate a lot of mask movement.  And the movement/leaks may be causing some of the apneas.  Do you more a lot in your sleep?

Sometimes, it's just a minor adjustment with the mask straps.  Or possibly trying different size nasal cushions.  

Try the adjustments suggested for a few days, and report back.

Okay so I did the adjustments for my CPAP and I feel worse :( - Abdulfakih - 05-31-2024

Hello guys,

So I changed a few things from yesterday. Turned ramp off, set pressure from 9 to 13 I think, turned EPR to 3 for the whole night and turned humidity to 6. I also adjusted the p30 mask to make it a bit loose so it wouldnt hurt.

Overall I think it was more confortable. What i dont understand is why i feel sooo tired, my watch records only 30 minutes of deep sleep and I do feel like crap. What now Sad

RE: Okay so I did the adjustments for my CPAP and I feel worse :( - SarcasticDave94 - 05-31-2024

A few suggestions:

First, it's best if all your therapy is confined to the single therapy thread. It keeps the suggestions and comments in context.

Leaks aren't averaging terrible, but there's several areas that are elevated that will hinder therapy and add to your disruptions to sleep. If the mask is uncomfortable, consider a different one.

Right now, EPR 3 is possibly elevating the Central Apnea and reducing your rest a bit. I'd try EPR 2 to see if CA drop without having other things like flow limits don't increase.

There's 2 things for you to think on

RE: Okay so I did the adjustments for my CPAP and I feel worse :( - Abdulfakih - 05-31-2024

Hi,

Sorry, will do.

And thanks, will try the suggested.

RE: Okay so I did the adjustments for my CPAP and I feel worse :( - SarcasticDave94 - 05-31-2024

It's ok, no issue about it.

So if you're editing EPR to 2, report tomorrow with OSCAR and describe how you felt with it. You will very likely notice either a feel change, OSCAR chart change, or both even in one night.

RE: Okay so I did the adjustments for my CPAP and I feel worse :( - HalfAsleep - 05-31-2024

Say, Abdul, would you mind filling out the details in your avatar, exact machine name, etc? That way, we can see at a glance what you’re working with, without having to search for a graph.

I will also suggest, though you may notice immediate results after changing the settings, the experience of improved sleep often isn’t an instant process. IME the body takes a while to fully respond and get you to where you feel rested. All in all, this might take several months. To me, this is the hardest part of the treatment: it takes commitment and faith that it will work.

RE: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread - OpalRose - 05-31-2024

Abdulfakih,

Your three threads have been merged. This is to keep your history in one place. Try to keep everything here in this thread.
Thanks! Smile

RE: Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread - Abdulfakih - 06-03-2024

Hi guys, so I have continued my journey for the last couple of days, but idk why things seem to be getting out of hand.

Friday 31 of may is here

Now this is June 1st, which i think showed some good results.

and now this was yesterday, which idk why it showed such an elevated number of CA.

The only thing i changed at some point was the use of the masks. I tried I think on june 1st the N30, but i felt it wasnt working for me, so i stopped. The others are the P30 mask