Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes (/Thread-New-to-CPAP-have-3-instances-of-Cheyne-Stokes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - OpalRose - 08-04-2024

There is still a lot of flow limitation going on, even when no events are being reported.  I really can't explain why.  
Also, there are high snores being reported.  Do you have any issues with breathing in general or congestion?  

Are you still using your collar?  The Positional Apnea is greatly improved since your first charts, but have to wonder where all the snores are coming from.  What position are you sleeping in?  

I don't have much confidence in using the "For Her" Mode.  Please change it, as requested a couple times prior, to the Auto mode, standard setting.  

Summary:  

Auto mode (Standard)
Minimum pressure:  12cm.
Maximum pressure:  17cm.
EPR 3 (full time)

Hopefully, Jay or Pizza will circle back around. I may be missing something. I think the most important thing is to change the For Her mode to the Auto mode.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - Jay51 - 08-04-2024

I agree with Rose.  It seems like you need a little more aggressive therapy to combat the flow limitations.  Switching from the "For Her" mode to the Auto mode should help.  Increasing both your min pressure and max pressure should help also.  

Great job in decreasing the mask leaks.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 08-04-2024

I’ve changed the settings to those advised by Opal Rose and will be using them tonight. I am still using the SCC. Something I have noticed is that I’m still tossing and turning in my sleep - could that be the problem?

Opal I don’t have any congestion atm and have no issues with my breathing. I was a long term smoker (only managed to stop from May this year) and prior to having a total hip replacement in Feb had a lung x-ray and lung function test. Both came back OK - was worried I may have had COPD. 

The F40 has been launched in Australia today so I will be trialling that from tonight for a few days. 

Actually maybe better to have 1 night with mask I’ve been using for a while, F20, with the new changes and then swap to F40 for the next night.

As I didn’t change my settings last night, I won’t post last nights data but will post again in a couple of days to see if the setting changes and/or new face mask has made any difference. 

Thanks for everyone’s time and help

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 08-04-2024

Opal you asked what position I’m sleeping in. I’ve always thought I’m a side sleeper and always start off the night on my left side with a big pillow wedged on my back to try and stop back sleeping. I know I turn over onto my right side and then back and forth but rarely wake up on my back. That’s not to say I don’t sleep on my back just that I’m unaware of it.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - aussienana - 08-06-2024

[attachment=67978]
[attachment=67979]
Attached are the graphs from Monday night with the new pressure settings and the F20 Air Touch.  Still snoring and having some RERA's too. 

From the notes I made when I woke up in the morning I thought I was still awake at midnight, found myself on my back at least twice during the night with mouth open.  Also had some rainout in the morning, I have got a snuggle hose on my climate line as my bedroom can get really cold.

[attachment=67980]
[attachment=67981]

Tuesday nights graphs using the same settings but with the F40.  No RERA's but a couple more CA's and I'm still snoring.  Had another rainout, worse that yesterdays but that could be because I don't have a cover on the small hose from the mask to the climate line.  Did up the temperature a degree before going back to bed.

Still feeling tired in the morning.  My Apple Watch sleep health data is showing quite a few awake periods (not as bad as before the start of therapy but on the up).   I would so like to go to bed at night and wake up refreshed, but I think everybody who uses this forum wishes that too.

I am still in my 30 day period with the Autosense 11 so if a different machine would be more beneficial for me, could swap.

Once again, thank you for your help.

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - Phaleronic - 08-06-2024

Hi aussienana, the latest graphs are looking better Smile How are you feeling with the updated pressures? I suggest keeping these settings for a week or more to let yourself become accustomed to it and then send us charts after every few nights. I too sleep on my back sometimes and have the snoring issues (because of the soft pallet sliding back blocking the airway), but I try my best to side-sleep.

Edit: I was looking at page two, let me check the most recent Smile

Hi Phaleronic - thanks for the quick response.

Will keep pressures as is and upload graphs every 2 nights.  Is there anything else I could be doing to help?  I sleep on my flattest pillow but could "borrow" my grandchild's one which is definitely flatter  Big Grin 

Did you get a chance to check both days of data?

RE: New to CPAP - have 3 instances of Cheyne-Stokes - G. Szabo - 08-06-2024

(08-06-2024, 06:29 PM)aussienana Wrote: Is there anything else I could be doing to help?  I sleep on my flattest pillow but could "borrow" my grandchild's one which is definitely flatter  Big Grin 
You can order a "Side-Sleeping Backpack" from Amazon or some of its alternatives with tennis balls. These devices help you stay on your side, reduce positional apnea, and help with obstruction.

(08-06-2024, 08:19 PM)G. Szabo Wrote: You can order a "Side-Sleeping Backpack" from Amazon or some of its alternatives with tennis balls. These devices help you stay on your side, reduce positional apnea, and help with obstruction.

Looks painful