Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New member - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New member (/Thread-New-member--46256)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: New member - 59Bugeye - 09-24-2024

I’m totally exhausted everyday. It’s really wearing on me.

RE: New member - G. Szabo - 09-24-2024

(09-24-2024, 02:11 PM)59Bugeye Wrote: .... It’s really wearing on me.

Would you mind posting your latest Oscar shot, including the bottom of the AHI section (on the left), so we can see the instrument's setting?

RE: New member - 59Bugeye - 09-25-2024

[attachment=69934] [attachment=69935]
The doctor is mailing the sleep study report to me.  Here is the daily view from last night.  Turned off the EPR 3 days ago and from my interpretation of the results, I need to turn it back on.  I  will do that right away.  I could not get the device settings on the left without two screen shots.  I'm wondering if I should rearrange this side panel. I'm not sure what sections are the most important. 

Thank you for the support

I just went to turn the EPR back on and accidentally found an additional setting that I hadn't seen before that let me turn up the EPR.  I turned it to 2.  It was previously on 1 but I was not doing well and then I tried it off for 3 days and my reports look worse to me.   Please let me know  what you think.  I had previously found the clinical manual online but it isn't super complete. 

My screen shots are in the above post.

Thank you

RE: New member - G. Szabo - 09-25-2024

Because of your high CAs, we want to see your sleep report to determine whether your current instrument is the right one for your condition.

Honestly, through what I am gradually learning, I have developed the same question.  I have never had an in office sleep study. I have only had two in home studies, therefore lacking any measure of brain activity during sleep.  I’ve asked my dr to refer me to a local sleep clinic affiliated with a local hospital and staffed by neurologists.  This particular office does in office sleep studies.  

Thank you

RE: New member - Big Guy - 09-25-2024

How long have you actually been on CPAP Therapy? 

Using it everyday I’d say 2-3 months

RE: New member - Big Guy - 09-25-2024

(Yesterday, 03:57 PM)59Bugeye Wrote: Using it everyday I’d say 2-3 months

It's a real possibility that it will take you quite a good while until you begin to feel any improvement. Others on here have posted up some good advice and I'd follow it and see if it helps. 

But, some respond slower than others to CPAP Therapy than others do. I've been on it now for six years and I can still sleep just as well w/o it as I can with it. 

What I'm saying, is to stick with it and be patient! Give it some more time to do it's job.  Bigwink

There are times that I have to tell myself to get back on it and stay on it.  Oh-jeez

I can’t thank u both enough. I have no problem with my mask etc. but there’s something not right. I’ll continue using it everyday no worries there. My exhaustion is really bad. God bless and when I get my sleep reports I’ll share them. Tom