Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: tbhausen - Therapy Thread (/Thread-tbhausen-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-05-2023

Thank you… I’ll probably check back in once after visiting my DME and then leave you guys alone unless something changes Smile

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-06-2023

Posted for reference for a hospital visit today:

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-08-2023

I hit AHI 0.0 for the first time last night. Not a realistic goal or expactation, I know, but interesting nonetheless.

I'm a bit surprised at the leaking with the Eclipse. I need to inspect the "mask" and see if everything is OK there.

Does anything here need a closer look, or is it worth tweaking any settings at this point? Does that tidal volume look a bit on the low side? Is this because of the reduced pressures VAuto mode is delivering?

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Sleeprider - 11-08-2023

Hey, congrats! Always nice to know you're perfect, even if only for one night. As far as making tweaks or setting changes, I know when I'm ahead and should 'hold'.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Old Codger - 11-09-2023

That really looks like mouth breathing. What are you taping with?

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-09-2023

I'm not... thought I had mouth breathing under control the first couple of nights. I might have to start taping.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-15-2023

I think I'm learning to control the mouth breathing. Am I a believer in the Bleep Eclipse system? Oh yes, I am. If I can keep my darn mouth shut, it's magic.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - Old Codger - 11-15-2023

Your screen shot looks pretty good. 0.0 AHI is nice. What are you using to control the mouth breathing?

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 11-15-2023

Just being conscious of it, sealing my tongue against the roof of my mouth before dozing off.

RE: tbhausen - Therapy Thread - tbhausen - 12-19-2023

Checking back in briefly to thank everyone here for their help. I've graduated to the "smooth sailing" phase. AHI is always under .4, I sleep like a baby and feel much better all day. Bleep Eclipse very seldom leaks and I'm often unaware of even wearing it. The "tongue suck" technique is habit now and I only have significant mouth leaks if I somehow end up on my back (which is rare). Seldom do I spend more than 20 seconds in apnea on any given night. I'm only averaging about 5.5 hours of sleep, but it's good sleep. I need to up that to about 7 hours. I have a follow-up on January 4th and it'll be interesting to see if my Doc takes issue with changing from BiPAP-S to VAuto mode. I can't imagine he or she would argue with the results. BTW, Indiana University Health has been excellent both for care and as a DME supplier. Also, CareSource (a regional company on the Marketplace) has been a good and efficient insurer.