Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. (/Thread-CPAP-ResMed-AirSense-10-makes-loud-noise-when-inhaling)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - chill - 11-02-2016

Second Wind has a very good reputation here. Are you sure he listened to the same clip? It sure sounded defective to me.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - comphelp - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 04:37 PM)chill Wrote: Second Wind has a very good reputation here. Are you sure he listened to the same clip? It sure sounded defective to me.

Yes, absolutely.

I purchased the machine from them based on their reputation and on other forums nobody had a faulty unit.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - Sleeprider - 11-02-2016

If the clip has a problem, it does not have any video, but is just black. If you do this again, show your face with the mask on, and pan to the machine, and then zoom in on the noise moving closer to the machine. This will show you are awake, and the sound is audible, and gets louder as the camera/mic gets closer to the machine. Turn on the lights.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - Sleeprider - 11-02-2016

Just one more thought. Invite his input as to which seal might cause this problem. Maybe they can just send the part. Also on your video, show the sound with the humidifier chamber bypassed. If the sound does not occur, this clearly puts the problem on the humidifier seals.

(11-02-2016, 04:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If the clip has a problem, it does not have any video, but is just black. If you do this again, show your face with the mask on, and pan to the machine, and then zoom in on the noise moving closer to the machine. This will show you are awake, and the sound is audible, and gets louder as the camera/mic gets closer to the machine. Turn on the lights.
Fair call. I'll do that. There is a chance that he is misunderstanding the video or simply not believing it.
(11-02-2016, 05:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just one more thought. Invite his input as to which seal might cause this problem. Maybe they can just send the part.
Can we be sure it is a seal? I'm new to CPAP so don't know enough to be sure.
(11-02-2016, 05:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Also on your video, show the sound with the humidifier chamber bypassed. If the sound does not occur, this clearly puts the problem on the humidifier seals.
I've already tried this. The noise is still audible without the humidifier and the hose pressed against the air outlet. This is one of the first things I tried because so many people had humidifier seal problems.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - BadGoodDeb - 11-02-2016

ALso, when you redo the video with the above suggestions, ALSO show yourself breathing from the tube and not making a noise.

(11-02-2016, 06:54 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: ALso, when you redo the video with the above suggestions, ALSO show yourself breathing from the tube and not making a noise.
Actually, I tried that again last night and it did make a noise. I'm not sure what was different that time.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - cands - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 08:48 AM)comphelp Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Sorry, I don't recall.
Was there any paperwork suggesting what they repaired?
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Eventually it 'clicked' with me that something was seriously wrong with the machine. It still worked okay, blowing air, changing pressure and recording results.
Like yours my machine does actually work well. It's just the noise that's keeping us awake.

I have just called my supplier to try and find out which seal it was. She is checking with the repairers. If I get an answer, I will share it with you.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. - cands - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 08:21 PM)cands Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 08:48 AM)comphelp Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Sorry, I don't recall.
Was there any paperwork suggesting what they repaired?
(11-02-2016, 05:58 AM)cands Wrote: Eventually it 'clicked' with me that something was seriously wrong with the machine. It still worked okay, blowing air, changing pressure and recording results.
Like yours my machine does actually work well. It's just the noise that's keeping us awake.

I have just called my supplier to try and find out which seal it was. She is checking with the repairers. If I get an answer, I will share it with you.

Okay, here is the information transcribed from the Service Report.
The repairer was 'Electro Medical Group'.

CONFIRMED NOISE FROM MOTOR ONLY DURING INHALATION.
DISASSEMBLED, INSPECTED INTERNALLY. RE-ASSEMBLED WITH NEW PNEUMATIC BLOCK.

PARTS: PNEUMATIC BLOCK - AIR 10, PART NUMBER 19696

I hope this is of some help to you..

Cheers.

(11-02-2016, 08:43 PM)cands Wrote: CONFIRMED NOISE FROM MOTOR ONLY DURING INHALATION.
DISASSEMBLED, INSPECTED INTERNALLY. RE-ASSEMBLED WITH NEW PNEUMATIC BLOCK.

PARTS: PNEUMATIC BLOCK - AIR 10, PART NUMBER 19696
Thank you very much. I'll do some research.