Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ASV Settings - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ASV Settings (/Thread-ASV-Settings--44263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: ASV Settings - birolapnea - 08-20-2024

(08-19-2024, 09:25 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: You could increase EPAP Min if you want to. I don't recall what was tried and has helped or didn't help.

In the message I showed before, I asked why my normal breathing was detected as hypopnea by the device. We see that a very large number and rate of hypopneas occur in the sleep log this evening. whereas the hypopnea values on August 19 were . It was very good. In other words, hippopneas occur sometimes less and sometimes more. I increased the Epep value from 5 to 6. Hypopneas became more frequent. I always sleep the same way. It is certain that there is no positional hypopnea. What could be the reason for the difference between nights? Even if the device is broken, it always gives the same value. The device is not broken. However, I find out how many hypopneas I had that night by looking at my memory card in the morning. When I am very hypopneic I am tired and sleepy all day.

(08-20-2024, 07:07 AM)birolapnea Wrote: In the message I showed before, I asked why my normal breathing was detected as hypopnea by the device. We see that a very large number and rate of hypopneas occur in the sleep log this evening. whereas the hypopnea values on August 19 were . It was very good. In other words, hippopneas occur sometimes less and sometimes more. I increased the Epep value from 5 to 6. Hypopneas became more frequent. I always sleep the same way. It is certain that there is no positional hypopnea. What could be the reason for the difference between nights? Even if the device is broken, it always gives the same value. The device is not broken. However, I find out how many hypopneas I had that night by looking at my memory card in the morning. When I am very hypopneic I am tired and sleepy all day.

RE: ASV Settings - SarcasticDave94 - 08-20-2024

Two things, higher leaks than you want to sleep with less disturbance.

Second and more important, the big center section of frequent Hypopnea has got the Positional Apnea pattern. I think this is hindering your therapy. Your ASV goes to 25 already, so there's no extra pressure available, and it wouldn't help anyway. It appears as if your airway is kinked halfway closed by the Positional Apnea aspect.

RE: ASV Settings - birolapnea - 08-28-2024

Hypopneas appear frequently in the sleep report below. Will there be a problem if I make the adjustment EPAP=7, MIN PS=4 and MAX PS=10?

RE: ASV Settings - SarcasticDave94 - 08-28-2024

By changing the PS Max to 10, you'll limit yourself to Max IPAP 17. Too low for what the chart shows as necessary.

Since you're using ASV mode, EPAP will be a static 7 plus Max PS 10 equals IPAP 17.

It looks like whatever you change settings to affect Max IPAP, that's what you're going to hit. I think earlier it was maxed at IPAP 25, the highest it'll go. And to me it looks like the machine wants even higher levels than possible to treat you.

Your leaks are still high and you still have Positional pattern in Hypopnea. They aren't being corrected. And I think going lower is going to cause more issues.

RE: ASV Settings - birolapnea - 09-01-2024

(08-28-2024, 09:45 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: By changing the PS Max to 10, you'll limit yourself to Max IPAP 17. Too low for what the chart shows as necessary.

Since you're using ASV mode, EPAP will be a static 7 plus Max PS 10 equals IPAP 17.

It looks like whatever you change settings to affect Max IPAP, that's what you're going to hit. I think earlier it was maxed at IPAP 25, the highest it'll go. And to me it looks like the machine wants even higher levels than possible to treat you.

Your leaks are still high and you still have Positional pattern in Hypopnea. They aren't being corrected. And I think going lower is going to cause more issues.

I use the Resmed AirCurve 10 cs pacewave device. My mask is leaking too much air, so I will change it this evening. It showed a lot of hypopneas. The new mask is the nose mask Resmed swift FX.  I want to use the device manually. How should I use the settings? How should I adjust it in the most risk-free way? I request you to help. Thank you.

RE: ASV Settings - Sleeprider - 09-01-2024

Change mask type to nasal pillows. By "manually" I assume you want the Smart Start function off.

The persistence of your hypopnea makes me think you should be considering whether "positional apnea" is an issue. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Optimizing_therapy#Positional_Apnea

RE: ASV Settings - birolapnea - 09-01-2024

(09-01-2024, 08:35 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Change mask type to nasal pillows.  By "manually" I assume you want the Smart Start function off.

The persistence of your hypopnea makes me think you should be considering whether "positional apnea" is an issue. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Optimizing_therapy#Positional_Apnea

I think the hypopneas are due to mask leakage. I will change the mask this evening. How can I make manual settings for the ASV device?

RE: ASV Settings - SarcasticDave94 - 09-01-2024

Setting the mask type should be in the patient side of your setup. Change it to pillows when you swap masks.