Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead data has vanished! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead data has vanished! (/Thread-Sleepyhead-data-has-vanished)

Sleepyhead data has vanished! - booksfan - 04-04-2018

So this morning I went to download my data as usual, using FlashPap. I copied the data and went to exit & run Sleepyhead, again as usual. When I clicked on my profile, Sleepyhead opened, but instead of 3 icons on the opening page, there were only 2. I think it was statistics that was missing. But I was unable to import my data and ALL my data is missing! I don't know what to do! This has never happened before.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished! - PsychoMike - 04-04-2018

Following....I've had a similar experience. It was like it automatically updated and something was wrong with the new version.

I even tried uninstalling and manually updating to the next version, which has helped with some previous glitches, but didn't help for me this time. I always leave the directory and other info, which, in theory, should preserve my data when doing the upgrades. I'm still trying a few tricks, but hopefully someone here with more familiarity with the program can chime in with some pointers.

RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished! - Crimson Nape - 04-04-2018

Have you tried rebooting your computer? Also, it will really help if we know what type of system you have. (e:g.: Windows, Apple, Linux/Unix)

In my case, it's a Win10 machine, kept current...reboot tried to no avail (I'm pretty sure I even tried the "run as admin" to make sure it wasn't a change in permissions)

RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished! - Crimson Nape - 04-04-2018

Two ideas to try:
1. Right-clicking on the executable or the link you use and select "Compatibility Mode". Select something like Win 7.
2. Try using the Broken-GL version, both normally and in the compatibility mode.

I hope this may help.

Edit: You could also look in your event viewer to see if it provides any hints.
Event Viewer -> Custom View -> Administrative Events

RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished! - jaswilliams - 04-04-2018

It might also be worth looking at your antivirus log at that may also be blocking sleepyhead

RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished! - booksfan - 04-04-2018

I created a new profile, which didn't work. But then I copied all my data into a new folder and between that and the profile, I've got everything back again.

Thank goodness, because I go to the doctor for my 90-day visit tomorrow!

Dang Windows...no wonder I like my netbook running Mint soooooooooo much more!

I had a corrupt / incomplete update by Microsoft that ditched a couple important files (and considering my A/V immediately wanted to update afterwards there was likely a bit of "Microsoft cascade"going on). My Sleepyhead can now find it's data again (yay!), but I wish MS didn't take everything with it each time it hiccups Sad

RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished! - Sleeprider - 04-04-2018

All of your data resides in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profiles/YourUserName. It is never lost, but you may have to re point Sleepyhead to find the data. It is in the File menu.

RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished! - ShaunBlake - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 08:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All of your data resides in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profiles/YourUserName. It is never lost, but you may have to re point Sleepyhead to find the data.  It is in the File menu.

Man, I wish we had "vote" buttons for posts!

Hey, I thought you were skinnydippin in the Keys!