Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rescan 6.0 software - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rescan 6.0 software (/Thread-Rescan-6-0-software)

Pages: 1 2

Rescan 6.0 software - ToddJ - 07-04-2018

Hello. 
I just downloaded Rescan 6.0 software and it is asking for a username and password. I also read that you use your Microsoft Windows password and username. But here’s the thing I’ve never put any password on any computer I've ever owned nor have I ever signup with any Microsoft account. 
So how do I sign in to rescan 6.0
Thanks in advance for any help
ToddJ

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - Walla Walla - 07-04-2018

You might try just using the user name and leave the password blank and see if it works.

How do I find my Windows user name?

1. While sitting at your computer, press and hold the Windows key and press the letter R on your keyboard.
2. The Run dialog box is displayed.
3. In the box, type cmd and press Enter. The command prompt window will appear.
4. Type whoami then press Enter.
5. Your current username will be displayed.

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - sonicboom - 07-05-2018

I recommend you download, install, and use 5.9 if you need this software. There are no discernible differences between 5.9 and 6.0 that have been identified for our purposes except the addition of requiring UN and password which is a pain.

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - SkiSmuggs - 07-28-2018

Just installed ResScan 6.0 and it was fine with my Windows username and password. However, I put my AirStart SD card into an SD card reader and ResScan says that it is an unsupported device. Is it complaining about the card reader or the card itself. SleepyHead had no trouble with it, but doesn't report AHI for brick devices. Given the AirStart is the same family as the AirSense, I would think the SD card is not the problem. I didn't install any of the 3 drivers because none seemed appropriate. Any suggestions?

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - trance - 07-28-2018

Did you reformat the SD card -- after moving any old data you wish to keep to other storage, or course?

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - SkiSmuggs - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 01:36 PM)trance Wrote: Did you reformat the SD card -- after moving any old data you wish to keep to other storage, or course?

It is the SD card that came with the AirStart and when I take it out and re-install, the CPAP says it is prepping the card for use. So I doubt I would have to reformat, but this is not my area of expertise.  My take is that a card prepped by a ResMed CPAP should be readable by ResScan software.

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - trance - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 01:50 PM)SkiSmuggs Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 01:36 PM)trance Wrote: Did you reformat the SD card -- after moving any old data you wish to keep to other storage, or course?

It is the SD card that came with the AirStart and when I take it out and re-install, the CPAP says it is prepping the card for use. So I doubt I would have to reformat, but this is not my area of expertise.  My take is that a card prepped by a ResMed CPAP should be readable by ResScan software.
Sorry, SkiSmuggs, I misinterpreted this statement "Given the AirStart is the same family as the AirSense, I would think the SD card is not the problem." and thought you were switching machines. Hopefully, someone else will help you find your solution soon.

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - Mike in Toronto - 07-30-2018

Good morning!  Where can I get a copy of rescan 5.9?   6.0 is not working for me.    

Thanks in advance.   

Mike

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - Crimson Nape - 07-30-2018

Change the "6.0" to "5.9" in the download link that was sent to you.

RE: Rescan 6.0 software - CLD1017t - 07-30-2018

When I download the software, I'm not getting a complete download. Am I doing something wrong or what?