Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Buying CPAP without prescription - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Buying CPAP without prescription (/Thread-Buying-CPAP-without-prescription)

Pages: 1 2

Buying CPAP without prescription - isuckatsleeping - 01-08-2019

At what point does Supplier #2 ask for a prescription? I can get all the way to Paypal checkout? Do they contact me after purchase to verify?

I went solo (no prescription) due to a rough sequence of events, and I want to buy a different machine (one that is not currently available through Craigslist, Amazon). Any other ideas on where I can buy a CPAP? I'm looking for the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP (the brick/not Autoset)

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - Fats Drywaller - 01-08-2019

Do you know that you can switch off APAP in the A10 Autoset? It can do fixed-pressure mode, same as the A10 CPAP model.

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - KSMatthew - 01-08-2019

In my experience of buying CPAPs online: The online-DME will have a notice on their website that says they need a prescription. I've seen checkboxes that say something like, "Check one box: 1) I already emailed a prescription and you have it on file, 2) I will email a prescription so you can have it on file". And, either way, they sell/ship you the equipment and you are on an honor system to send in a copy of the scrip.

If you do send the the scrip in advance, they can (if you request it) configure the CPAP for you. Otherwise you need to get into the clinician mode to do it yourself.

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - OpalRose - 01-08-2019

I am only assuming that once PayPal switches you back to Supplier #2 site for completion of order, is when you may have to show a script.  They may hold the machine otherwise.

My question is...why do you want to buy a “brick”?

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - isuckatsleeping - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 01:49 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: Do you know that you can switch off APAP in the A10 Autoset?  It can do fixed-pressure mode, same as the A10 CPAP model.

Yes, I know. I am having issues with FOT (forced oscillation technique - used to identify an OA vs. CA) waking me up throughout the night. FOT is still used even when CPAP mode is enabled on the Autoset. The only machines that do not have central apnea detection and hence no FOT are the Airsense CPAP & Airstart CPAP, and it can be disabled in the Aircurve 10 VAuto.

I started a whole thread on this issue here, so don't want to start a whole new discussion on the topic on this thread.

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - fortywinks - 01-08-2019

The easiest way is to just watch Craigslist. That's what I've been doing and I've seen some great deals from people who tried them and just couldn't get used to them (or people who have passed on). 
If you're squeamish like me, just remind yourself that hospitals reuse ventilating equipment every day and CPAP machines seem to be easy to sterilize. 
Either way, I feel for you. I bet it's easier to buy opioids or steroids online without a prescription than it is to buy a cpap machine.

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - Sleeprider - 01-08-2019

You can buy new from Supplier #33 at a lower price and no script.

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - ShoshTrvls - 01-09-2019

If you have a sleep study report, “healthsqyre” will provide you with a script.
Commercial Link Removed.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - SleepyTime - 01-22-2019

I just checked Supplier #33 and read that they will not ship to USA unless they have a prescription.

RE: Buying CPAP without prescription - Gideon - 01-22-2019

Call and ask