Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense 10 does not import past prior day - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense 10 does not import past prior day (/Thread-Airsense-10-does-not-import-past-prior-day)

Airsense 10 does not import past prior day - trinityecs - 06-07-2020

Hi,

I wanted to start out thanking you guys for the excellent OSCAR software.  I can't imaging paying for a commercial package to find out what the guys at ResMed already know about me.  Smile

It seems like since the OSCAR 1.1.1 upgrade, the software won't recognize last night's/this morning's data until the next day.  When talking about time it can be confusing, so let me be specific.

It is presently 16:25 on June 7, 2020 in my local time zone, UTC-8.  I imported the data from the SD card about 30 minutes ago.  Both the SD card and my OSCAR RedMed_serial/Backup/DATALOG/2020 directories have files from my June 6 23:00 - June 7 07:00 sleep; one of the the files is called 20200607_232511_SAD.edf.gz for example.  But when I look at the most recent data in the "daily" or "welcome" view, it is showing me data from the previous night's nap (June 5 23:00-June 6 07:00 + June 6 10:00-June 6 11:00) despite the newer data being available both on the SD Card and in the OSCAR data log.

OSCAR is running on Windows 10 64-bit.  My machine is a ResMed AirSense 10.  I could try it on a Linux machine if you have reason to believe that a different/better OS would help in this case.

Best Regards,

Trent

RE: Airsense 10 does not import past prior day - pholynyk - 06-07-2020

I would guess that the clock in your CPAP machine is a day fast - .... 20200607_232511 is half an hour before midnight today and i'm UTC-4 - it won't be 11:30 pm for another two hours

Since most internet connected computers use network time to set their clocks, I'll assume your computer's is right... I don't know that we ever explicitly check for future sessions anywhere, but I'm not surprised they don't get reported.

Setting the time back a day will have to be done in stages unless you are willing to lose the data on your machine - which is mostly saved already in OSCAR. Just to be safe, I suggest you make a complete copy of your SD card, as there are files on it which are not saved by OSCAR.

RE: Airsense 10 does not import past prior day - trinityecs - 06-07-2020

Thanks

You are right.   My PC's time is OK, but the CPAP machine is about three minutes shy of exactly a day ahead.

Your advice about moving the time back in stages is well taken.  It seems to me like I can move back the time by 12 hours and go to bed right after midnight that night.  That will be interpreted as a noontime-8PM nap.  Then if I move it back another 12 hours the next evening, it will see that as another sleep on the same ResMed noon to noon "day" as the noontime-8PM nap.  Does that seem right to you?

I've gone ahead and 7z'd the sdcard in case this goes bad.

Thanks for your help, and I appreciate your work on this software.

Best Regards,

Trent