Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR (/Thread-CMS50F-data-won-t-load-to-OSCAR)

Pages: 1 2

CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - SpO2Res - 03-10-2021

Hello everyone.

OSCAR 1.2.0 Win64 won't recognize my new Contec CMS50F.  A different software (Contec's Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1) does work and allows me to download the data from the device so it seems that the cables, connectors and drivers are probably ok.

The CMS50F seems to have an older firmware version: Hardware: 2.0.0  Firmware 2.0.6.  
I installed the windows universal driver by following the link from OSCAR.
I have windows 10 x64 and rebooted several times after installation

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Contect doesn't seem to have any method of updating firmware but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - Crimson Nape - 03-10-2021

The newer firmware changed its code and this broke something in the direct communication portion of OSCAR. Use the 3rd option, Import a SpO2 file, for your CMS50 data. The file's data structure is currently the same, so this will work.

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - SpO2Res - 03-10-2021

Thanks Crimson for your help! 

So you are suggesting that I use Contec's Smart Device Assistant to download the data to my PC and then import the data to OSCAR? I find the Contec software quite buggy and clunky. Is there any other software or method that might help be easier?

Any idea if OSCAR will address this direct communication issue with the CSM50f in the next few months or year? Is there a thread group or some other link that discusses it?

Finally, the version information on my CMS50F is:
Hardware: 2.0.0  Firmware 2.0.6
Is this an old version and can I upgrade it somehow? I noticed that the OSCAR import wizard has options for CMS40F v3.7+ which makes me think I bought an old version somehow.

Thanks again!

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - Crimson Nape - 03-10-2021

As far as I know, there isn't any time frame to update the importer. For fun and giggles, have you tried the other CMS50 direct import option?

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - SpO2Res - 03-10-2021

Thanks. Yes, I did try the other import option. It didn't work. Thanks for the help.

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - pholynyk - 03-10-2021

That's version 2 of the hardware, and it is the newest version. I don't know why they restarted the firmware version at 2, unless this is the second version for the version 2 hardware.

The developers will have to acquire a new CMS50F in order to decode the new protocol.

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - SpO2Res - 03-11-2021

That's reassuring about it being the newest hardware version.

I can loan it out in about a month or so if it will help the cause.  Is there a developer forum?

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - jobtimate - 03-14-2021

Same exact firmware and hardware on my side and I cannot connect on Mac.
Using Serialized USB-C / Installed SI Labs CP210X on the Mac

I tried the two options with CMS 50F to detect, and no dice on my side.

Disappointing start to adding PO to my sleep game.

-Jarrod

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - hasteee - 12-24-2021

Same issue here. Any help please?

RE: CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR - hasteee - 12-25-2021

Sorry to bump this thread, can't seem to find an edit button.

I've got some good news.

Using Smart Device Assistant V3(3.1.0.1) I can export an *.SpO2 data file using the "Device Stored Data" menu option.

Then, when using the same software, if I go to the "Open File" menu option, I'm able to copy that *.SpO2 file that I've just saved to somewhere else on my computer.

The reason for doing this is because the Smart Device Assistant V3(3.1.0.1) program can see and access the *.SpO2 file, but when I navigate to the same folder manually with Windows Explorer it shows no *.SpO2 files at all. By copying that *.SpO2 file elsewhere in the "Open File" menu, you should now be able to see it with Windows Explorer.

Now, load up OSCAR and select the "CMS50D+/E/F, Pulox PO-200/300" for "Select Oximeter Type".

Then select "Import from a datafile saved by another program, like SpO2Review". Then select the *.SpO2 file you saved in the preceeding steps.

Just to confirm, I have the CMS50F, with hardware version 2.0.0 and software version 2.0.5.

I've had no issues syncing it up in this manner. Hope this helps someone.

Cheers.