Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual (/Thread-CPAP-ResMed-myAir-app-shows-more-hours-than-actual)

ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - sandij - 01-19-2022

I've noticed recently that when I look at my stats in myAir, the usage hours are longer than I know I was in bed (I actually keep track of what time I go to bed and get up for another reason).  Is this normal or cause for concern?  Sometimes it's as much as an hour.  Wouldn't that mean my AHI was incorrect if it was calculated based on more hours than actual?  

Thanks!

RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - Jeff8356 - 01-19-2022

Is it both the start and end times that are off by an hour?

RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - sandij - 01-19-2022

No, it's the total time.

RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - SarcasticDave94 - 01-19-2022

Just tossing ideas out till we get one that sticks, is it about 15-20 minutes extra time? If it is, it might be MyAir is including the cool down time.

RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - Jeff8356 - 01-19-2022

If the difference is as much as an hour then I would have to guess that there is some sort of glitch on ResMeds server end. There have been users who say their times are off by few minutes, which may just be rounding errors in the MyAir app, but an hour seems excessive. I only used the app briefly a couple of years ago.

It looks like you are also using OSCAR. Are the times correct when you import your data there?

RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - sandij - 01-21-2022

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, could be?  A lot of the discrepancies are shorter like that. But there have been a few that were 1+ hours, seems unlikely it would cool down for that long?

RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - sandij - 01-21-2022

(01-19-2022, 04:19 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: If the difference is as much as an hour then I would have to guess that there is some sort of glitch on ResMeds server end.  There have been users who say their times are off by few minutes, which may just be rounding errors in the MyAir app, but an hour seems excessive.  I only used the app briefly a couple of years ago.

It looks like you are also using OSCAR.  Are the times correct when you import your data there?

It does seem that the OSCAR times are way closer to reality, so it probably is some issue with ResMed.  Thanks for suggesting that, I don't look at my stats on OSCAR all the time and hadn't even thought of verifying against it!

RE: ResMed myAir app shows more hours than actual - SarcasticDave94 - 01-21-2022

ResMed cool down should be pretty consistent at 20 minutes. I know it adds to overall run hours. But as Jeff mentions, there is a rounding aspect to consider.