Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
N30i leakage - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: N30i leakage (/Thread-N30i-leakage)

Pages: 1 2

N30i leakage - alvaro212 - 03-09-2023

Hi,

Just switched to the N30i from an N20. My AHI on the N20 was 1-2 but on the new N30i it has gone to 8-13 with massive leaks.
My pressure is between 15-16 nightly so perhaps this particular mask does not perform as well on high pressure?
I can provide further information that may help answer the question, just let me know what is needed.

Thanks!

RE: N30i leakage - upsman - 03-09-2023

I use the N30i and have very few leak problems.  I love it because of the top hose connection and the very minimal face exposure. I switched from the N20 and did notice a slightly higher leak rate, but still nothing serious. 

Granted, my pressure isn't nearly as high as yours...only 9 cm, but I think the mask can hold up under most pressure if adjusted properly. Take a look at this mask fit info and give it another shot. 

How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED! | Apnea Board

RE: N30i leakage - YipeekiOH - 03-09-2023

I too use the N30i regularly. When I first tried it a couple of years ago I didn’t like it because the small cushion was too small and the medium cushion was too big which resulted in a lot of leaks. I was also using the standard size frame which may have been a little too big. Since I had a fit pack I decided to try it again except this time I tried the small-wide (SW) and picked up a small frame. The fit is perfect and typically my leak rate is zero. To get to zero I swapped the ResMed headgear with the DreamWear as the ResMed headgear slipped causing the cushion to loosen and the DreamWear stays in place all night. The headgear fits perfectly into to frame. I sleep like a baby. My pressure is 10.

RE: N30i leakage - alvaro212 - 03-09-2023

Thanks! that link is definitely useful. Will try this tonight.

RE: N30i leakage - yankees123 - 03-10-2023

Just wondering, is the old n30i cushion still available to order?  It looks like they only show the updated one with the diffuser?
Thanks

RE: N30i leakage - YipeekiOH - 03-11-2023

I saw some of the old version N30i cushions on eBay in recent weeks. I’ve noticed they are becoming few and far between as time passes.

RE: N30i leakage - yankees123 - 03-11-2023

Thanks yippee

RE: N30i leakage - yankees123 - 03-12-2023

Just for information, how often do you change the cushion because the filter material in the the diffuser gets dirty? Can you replace the filter material?
Thanks

RE: N30i leakage - YipeekiOH - 03-12-2023

Yankees…I can go about 2-3 months or so. I also live in a dry environment and don’t experience the dirtiness others have. I have read elsewhere (or maybe here) that some people use a water pick device to clean the filter. There is a YouTube video done by Dennis Burger (or Berger) about how he replaces the filter with an AS10 air filter cut to size. Sadly, the only country I know of that sells the replaced diffuser piece is Australia. Hope this helps.

RE: N30i leakage - yankees123 - 03-12-2023

Thanks Yipee will look for the video.