Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
oxygen and sleep levels - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: oxygen and sleep levels (/Thread-oxygen-and-sleep-levels)

Pages: 1 2

oxygen and sleep levels - annbower112597 - 05-02-2023

i am on 2 liters of oxygen at night because my oxygen drops as soon as i sleep. i think i might need it too be higher because it dropped to 89 last night and just now when i took my nap.

RE: oxygen and sleep levels - gainerfull - 05-02-2023

I'm not familiar with that CPAP display (Trilogy Avent) but you have a lot of opportunity to improve your sleep by eliminating the leaks your machine is reporting.

Once the leaks are resolved, share your CPAP / APAP / BIPAP pressures and someone here can recommend some improvements. I've been testing with my CPAP to solve my dropping oxygen levels as well and it took switching to CPAP mode, adding more pressure, and turning EPR on to level 1.

Another thing to consider is have you adjusted your oxygen delivery to compensate for the amount of airflow your cpap is producing?

RE: oxygen and sleep levels - annbower112597 - 05-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 03:48 PM)gainerfull Wrote: I'm not familiar with that CPAP display (Trilogy Avent) but you have a lot of opportunity to improve your sleep by eliminating the leaks your machine is reporting.

Once the leaks are resolved, share your CPAP / APAP / BIPAP pressures and someone here can recommend some improvements. I've been testing with my CPAP to solve my dropping oxygen levels as well and it took switching to CPAP mode, adding more pressure, and turning EPR on to level 1.

Another thing to consider is have you adjusted your oxygen delivery to compensate for the amount of airflow your cpap is producing?

i am on trilogy evo with a full face mask, i feel no leaks so i dont know where they are coming from

(05-02-2023, 03:52 PM)annbower112597 Wrote: i am on trilogy evo with a full face mask, i feel no leaks so i dont know where they are coming from

Does your machine have a humidifier? Have you tried disconnecting the hosing at each connection and reconnecting? You could also be dislodging the mask as you sleep so you might consider tightening the straps to see what works.

(05-02-2023, 03:57 PM)gainerfull Wrote: Does your machine have a humidifier? Have you tried disconnecting the hosing at each connection and reconnecting? You could also be dislodging the mask as you sleep so you might consider tightening the straps to see what works.

yes it does but i quit using it as Rotech said that is where the leak level was coming from but it has been 2 nights and the leak rate is no better

RE: oxygen and sleep levels - Jay51 - 05-02-2023

Ann, I would show this data to your RT at your DME and your Dr.'s   They may want to raise your supplemental oxygen to 3L or so.

I sleep on a 45 degree angle pillow wedge i dont understand these leaks are coming from. as soon as i turn on the machine it says a leak. it doesnt make any sense

(05-02-2023, 08:08 PM)annbower112597 Wrote: I sleep on a 45 degree angle pillow wedge i dont understand these leaks are coming from. as soon as i turn on the machine it says a leak. it doesnt make any sense

We have different machines but if I don't have water in my humidifier it will detect a large leak and sound super loud when I turn it on. When's the last time you filled the humidifier with water and slept with it full?

RE: oxygen and sleep levels - annbower112597 - 05-03-2023

I totally unhooked it, the hose from the machine comes directly to my mask. also the oxygen isnt working properly as i dont feel the air coming from it, i see a input for the oxygen machine and a output teet i dont think my machine is working properly

RE: oxygen and sleep levels - DaveL - 05-03-2023

Hi Ann,

Before I came here my treatment was awful. I had the sleep-doc-from-**ll.

I truly respect the people that respond and help others.

My take is that sleep therapy should be comfortable to work. So I use a humidifier on my machine, and have a heated hose to raise the temperature. I put a fabric cover over the hose to keep the heat in.

I've never had oxygen therapy. So others will surely be able to help you more.

I felt abandoned by my sleep doc. When I was encouraged to use the data from my machine (on an SD card) I downloaded OSCAR and it's made a huge difference. With assistance here, I felt I could determine what was wrong and fix it quickly. That used to take months and months with the sleep doc.

I hope this interpretation helps. And I hope your treatment and help improve.

DaveL
Toronto