Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? (/Thread-When-Prisma-20a-support-for-OSCAR)

Pages: 1 2

When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - logart89 - 05-13-2023

From what i can read from a barcelona study, the Prisma 20a is the best APAP with the best algorithm out there, better than resmed autoset 10, what it would take for OSCAR developers to integrate prisma 20a data into OSCAR? Is something really hard to do? is not impossible right? or OSCARS devs need funding?

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - Gideon - 05-13-2023

Honestly, when it's ready.
To not provide false hopes OSCAR will not rush a release and thus not state a delivery date.

That said Prisma is being worked on. This is no guarantee it will be in a release. If and when it is ready it will be worked into a release.

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - logart89 - 05-13-2023

I know you said that you won't say a delivery date, but at least give us some % of completion for full support for OSCAR Big Grin, even if is only 10% completed. Glad to know is being worked on.

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - Crimson Nape - 05-13-2023

I understand your desire for Prisma support, but providing a percentage would not indicate anything.  First, all OSCAR team members are volunteers and work on this project as time and life permit.  This not a project with any paid employees or timelines.  Second, in coding, you can reach a 98% completion of writing the code only to find yourself back to square one or hit a wall.  So Gideon's answer of, "it will be ready when it is ready", is the best answer that can be given.

The Prisma brand is more popular in Europe than in North America. Not having access to a particular brand or model makes for a very difficult (if not impossible) trying to write code and test it.

If you know coding, the OSCAR team is always looking for more contributors.  If you are interested, send a PM to Gideon along with your background and any specialty areas, like user interfaces, database design, or data analysis for example.

- Red

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - logart89 - 05-14-2023

I understand, i hope that day comes soon!

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - lindylou - 06-09-2023

Thanks for the info, Gideon and Crimson Nape. I’m personally very grateful to all the volunteers who work on this and also the other great stuff we can access.

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - clan - 09-24-2023

Hi logart89,

You might not have noticed because the update check in OSCAR has been broken. This has been fixed in 1.5.1

But Prisma was introduced with 1.5.0.

I have a Prisma Smart Plus which the seller said is a more recent version of the 20a. it was hard to confirm on the vendor website as the 20a was in the top of their list. It does not have a touch screen like the 20a. And although it has a nice clock display it does not have an alarm clock as I think the 20a has. Or at least I have not found it.

The data imports smoothly and "deep sleep" is marked as events so you can find the good spots!

Kind Regards,
clan

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - carnuntum - 10-03-2023

Now it's partialy working with Prisma 20A. It's asking for zipped content of SD card and some clinician pdf but contact e-mail is unknown. Maybe some export .pdf from original Prisma TS should also help developers. I don't have detailed report from clinician. There is only my untreated AHI and titrated pressure from Auto-BiPAP in Sleep laboratory.
I hope this doesn't sound rude, IMHO tester/developer could install Prisma TS on his computer and import data from zipped SD card from Prisma 20A and test them against the data from OSCAR. (btw, this is 1.5.0 version on Fedora Linux), I've also tested 1.5.1 on Mac OS. It looks the same at first glance.

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - clan - 10-03-2023

Hi carnuntum,

I am not at all an expert but those settings looks a little weird but you may have chosen them deliberately. And we cannot be sure they are 100% correct due to being an "unknown model". But the numbers do look plausible.

You have set both Pressure Min and Pressure Max to 10,5. You then basicly ask the APAP machine to work as pure CPAP. You have enabled softstart with pressure 7 and 15 minutes. So you will start at P 7 and ramp up to P 10,5 in 15 minutes.

The machine clearly ignores this as pressure goes to 13,9. SoftPAP at 3 does not warrant this in my mind. If that is due to APAP (dyn mode) rather than APAP (std) I have no clue. Maybe someone else can chime in. It is not important as such right now unless you have a very specific reason to be at 10,5. 

Your leak rate looks really good as such. I would not start there.

I think you are struggeling for air most of the night. My _theory_ is that the airway narrows when you exhale and the pressure is lowered due to SoftPAP. Exactly this happened to me so everything looks like a nail to me Smile .

I have been playing with my own settings on my Prisma Smart. On this SoftPAP only goes to 2. But without SoftPAP I had 0 FL (Flow Limitation) events. With SoftPAP at 2 I had 41 in 4 hours and slept really bad.

Something happens around 02:53 which _might_ be leak related but is not tagged with an event. Again around 02:30. But before anything else I would look at those FL events. I think you either do not get enough O2 or expire enough CO2 which could make you feel really bad. Your AHI would still look perfect and many clinicians will not react and tell you all is good because that sweet sweet AHI rule the world.

I would try with Pmin 6 (or 7 if you prefer) and Pmax 16 and most importantly SoftPAP off. As  you currently have softstart 7 and end at 10,5 I would simply turn that off.

My hope is that we eliminate the FL events with SoftPAP off which I hope will make a big difference. Pmin 6 and Pmax 16 is the machines default. The hope is then the machine is capable of adjusting automatically. Use the auto adjusting feature to find your range. If this is not enough by itself we can then raise Pmin slowly until you cannot tolerate it again. At first we would handle that by re-enabling ramp. And if this does nothing to your FL events at all then SoftPAP is naturally back at the table.

Maybe further adjustments are needed - but this is where I personally would start: Pmin 6, Pmax 16, SoftPAP off, Ramp off.

If you do not feel comfortable in the beginning with a P of only 6 then I would try with Pmin at 7 or 8. That is if you _feel_ starved for air and like the machine to _feel_ more helpful. If you can tolerate it then even Pmin at 10,5 if you prefer.

Kind regards
clan

RE: When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? - clan - 10-03-2023

Hallo carnuntum,

Sorry, I know you did not ask for help. I did not mean to intrude but could not help myself.

And you did not state if you slept well.

I just wanted to share my experience that I did not sleep well with FL events. As it is not reflected in the AHI many does not react.

My hope was to at least inspire you to look into these FL events. Then we had a good day at the Internet!

Freundliche Grüße
clan