Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Best FF mask for back sleeping - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Best FF mask for back sleeping (/Thread-Best-FF-mask-for-back-sleeping)

Best FF mask for back sleeping - PaulaO2 - 06-26-2023

It has gotten to where I must sleep almost entirely on my back. I'm getting tired of waking up due to leaks and dry as heck mouth.

I have a Simplus frame somewhere but, like nearly all the FF masks I tried, it leaks.

So I was wondering, since I've been out of the Circle of Knowledge for a while, if there's been anything new and/or improved.

I could stick with my Nuance and get a chin strap but that's a last on the list scenario.

Oh, and hey everyone. What y'all been up to?

RE: Best FF mask for back sleeping - DaveL - 06-27-2023

I'm using an F&P Evora Full full face mask.

Advantages.
* It's really well made
* It has lots of adjustment
* I'm claustrophobic. It's the first ffm I've been able to wear all night!

Disadvantages (for me)
* If it isn't just right it leaks on my face
* If I take it off in the night, and have to put it back on I'm fully awake by the time it's on.
* If I brag about it the next night I have the worst night ever

I like it, but swear at it a lot.

DaveL

ps Still breathing in spite of 35 years of compliance.  New heart patient....don't like being sick.

RE: Best FF mask for back sleeping - Jay51 - 06-27-2023

Hello PaulaO2.  Both you and DaveL have been doing this a lot longer than I have.  F & P Vitera mask.  Top straps can be very loose and get a good seal I have found.  Bottom straps need to be fairly tight though.  Great sealing mask in my experience.  Have you already tried this one?  Vendor #1 (I think) gives a 30 day trial on masks also).

RE: Best FF mask for back sleeping - PaulaO2 - 06-27-2023

I'll look into both, thank you.

I guess I've been using CPAP for...math is hard...over 20yrs? Maybe?

I've primarily used nasal pillows because I have such a freakin' hard time getting a good seal with nasal or FF masks.

RE: Best FF mask for back sleeping - PaulaO2 - 07-21-2023

I've been using the Evora for a little over a week now. P*ssed as heck that they (local supplier) only sent me 3 S/M instead of the variation I expected.

Anyway, I get leaks a lot but have slowly been getting the straps right. I'm sleeping great with it. My Elbow Alarm has woken me a few nights due to high pitched squeaks and has told me that I am snoring every night. Which is weird.

With the pillows, my 95% stayed 17 or lower. Now I am bumping my 18 max on the regular. I don't want to raise it without ensuring I have the leaks under control. And yes, I am snoring a lot but usually during the Large Leaks. That % ranges between a staggering low of .33 to over 9 the first night I used it.

I may purchase the XS and the L cushions online just to see how they fit. I have a small nose, bless its heart.