Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Compile environment setup help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Compile environment setup help (/Thread-Compile-environment-setup-help)

Compile environment setup help - robbob2112 - 08-09-2023

HI, 

I am looking at Oscar and having issues getting it to load my oxymetry data from the Viatom Checkme O2 Max.  

I have looked at the code in github and can see the alterations I need to make.  But I am having trouble setting up an environment where I can compile it and test my fork.

I am a 22+ year linux sysadmin and have coded in a variaty of languages over the years but not in QT.  I've decided to make it easy to use and compile on Windows to start then maybe 

I'll work on debugging the RHEL install script which has some serious issues at the moment.  It is listed as 'not tested' which I assume is because nobody uses redhat on a regular basis.

After I get that all going I will look at some of the other bugs and see if I can help on them.  I have the aircurve 10 asv machine so I can work on bugs specifically related to that and the data output.

So far on windows I have installed visual studio and qt creator.   Is there anything else I need?

On RHEL I install the QT and other required libraries to be able to compile there.  Not sure why the 'configure' script was retired but I might have to revive it or write a new one to take in variables and program location to execute the other scripts successfully.

I've forked the project in github since the directions there say all problems are worked in forks and merged back into main which only make sense.

Robert

RE: Compile environment setup help - Gideon - 08-09-2023

"After I get that all going I will look at some of the other bugs and see if I can help on them. I have the aircurve 10 asv machine so I can work on bugs specifically related to that and the data output."

If you would like to help with OSCAR please PM either myself or Jeff and fill using a bit on your background.

Thanks

RE: Compile environment setup help - Crimson Nape - 08-09-2023

Hi robbob2112!
If you are trying to import directly from a Wellue oximeter, it doesn't work that way.  You need to import the raw data file created by ViHealth on a mobile device, or O2 Insight Pro for a computer.  The current version binary file name is constructed with the date and time plus ".dat". An example of a file would be. "20230809164503.dat" Viatom seems to reinvent the wheel with each version release. They keep changing the file naming convention as well as the storage location on mobile devices. Here is a link to the steps:  https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Wellue_Viatom_File_Import.  

The Wellue/Viatom data is actually stored in a SQL database.  At one time, a version of ViHealth stopped creating the individual raw files and a script was created to extract them.  The SQL script code is floating around here somewhere, if you need it.

I forgot to mention that you need Qt version 5.15.2 to build OSCAR. Using any newer version of Qt is an ulcer waiting to happen.

- Red

RE: Compile environment setup help - robbob2112 - 08-09-2023

Exellent - I found the raw files.... I was trying to import the 'export' files which are simple CSV files.

The way I am doing it is I importing to my tablet upstairs when I take off the wrist watch thing. That is set to do an online backup and when I open the software on the PC downstairs it imports.

Then I was just hitting 'export' and assuming the flat file would work as an import source since it is a straight csv file. Instead that caused Oscar to crash.

Also, I still want to play with the code and contribute if I can within the framework of the project.

I read the linux setup and used the debian type breadcrumbs to get RHEL 9 setup as a compile environment since that is what I have always used in the past. The only windows compiling I've done was firmware for my 3d printer where I had to tweak a few settings.

I will now read and follow the instructions on building under windows before I ask any more questions.

Thanks.