Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] (/Thread-Oscar-V-1-5-screen-resolution-issues-solved-see-post-4)

Pages: 1 2

Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - Dannobre - 09-01-2023

Just upgraded to 1.5..

Now my data screen has shifted so that it appears to be a different resolution.

The fonts and everything else are bigger and can see less data on the screen..

This is running on a 1920x1080 format screen

Is there a way to change the screen layout so I get the same look back?

On the appearance tab there appears to be more settings below the window...but I can't scroll down.  I assume that there is a save tab down there too? as I can't seem to change any settings that stick

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues] - OpalRose - 09-02-2023

Bump2

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues] - Jeff8356 - 09-02-2023

Dannobre,

Can you post a screenshot please...

And which OS you are using.

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues] - Dannobre - 09-03-2023

I figured out the problem.....

Don't understand how or why it happened with Oscar install though???

Windows 11 Home..  latest updates

It changed my screen display scaling to 150%..  

When I changed it back to 100% things returned to normal..  all the popup screens fit in the windows and I could access the save buttons

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - CB91710 - 09-04-2023

Similar here, but my Windows screen resolution has always been on 150% as I am running a 3840 x 2160 monitor.
When I loaded the new 1.50, everything was HUGE... I was able to scale the graphs and fonts down to 8/10/12/14, but the summary and other report pages remain too large.

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - Crimson Nape - 09-04-2023

Go to https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Release_Notes#Changes_and_fixes_in_OSCAR_v1.5.0_.28Sept_2023.29.   Scroll down to the 2nd "[fix]" listing, it shows 1.5 now addresses the use of a high resolution monitor.  This is also listed in the Release Notes under the Help screen > About OSCAR.

While there, look at all the work that has been added or fixed in the new version.   We have a bunch of great contributors.

Well-done

- Red

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - KJINTF - 09-04-2023

Same issue here
My Windows screen resolution has always been on 150% as I am running a 3840 x 2160 monitor
Loaded the new 1.50, everything was HUGE
Want to keep it at 150% recommended settings

Where do I find version 1.4 that worked great on my High Res monitors?
No need or desire for any of the latest updates

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - Marc - 09-06-2023

Agreed.  Unfortunately, OSCAR v1.5.0 is unusable if you have Windows scaling set to 150% - which is common when using a high resolution monitor. Don't know how the developers of OSCAR did not catch this bug.  I've gone back to OSCAR v1.4.    Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

[Image: Bug.jpg]

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - Crimson Nape - 09-06-2023

"Don't know how the developers of OSCAR did not catch this bug." It's very simple, none of us can afford a UHD monitor and no Beta tester reported it. You can't select the OSCAR.exe, right-click and select "Properties", then set the compatibility for this monitor?

-- Red

RE: Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] - Marc - 09-06-2023

Thanks for replying.  That's a bummer.  Had I known that I would have been happy to help out.  Anyway, when I reinstall 1.5, I'll see if any Windows settings can resolve the issue.