Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Fabby - Therapy Thread - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Fabby - Therapy Thread (/Thread-Fabby-Therapy-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fabby - Therapy Thread - Fabby - 09-28-2023

I have been experiencing enormous leaks, multiple nights of the red face, for almost a year now, in spite of being a long time pap user.

I have made all the usual changes including machine (3 different Aircurve 10 VAUTO) , hose, frame, headwear, mask (clean, new, snugger, looser, tighter) and other masks: Mirage FX, Dreamwear, Brevida, Airfit, pillow, hose hanger, cervical collars and nothing is making a permanent change. I have been tracking OSCAR daily for three weeks. 

The sleep doctor is clueless on all this. Is there something in the charts that means something to someone that might make a difference? Thank you for your help.

[attachment=54600]
[attachment=54601]

RE: leaks 72-88% of night - Jay51 - 09-28-2023

My guess is that your relatively high pressure is causing the leaks.  Around 16 or so Epap and then up to around 20 ipap.  One thing to try might be starting your epap at 16 (instead of 4 or so - with the ramp feature I am guessing) when you climb into bed.  At least that way, you can get the mask situated and tightened just right to 16 epap pressure and 20 ipap pressure instead of 4 epap pressure.

RE: leaks 72-88% of night - Fabby - 09-28-2023

Thanks. I often use mask fit to adjust the mask, but I turned ramp up to 16. I turned iPap down to 20 and left epap at 16. I also tightened the mask. 

hoping others will chime in too.

RE: leaks 72-88% of night - multicast - 09-29-2023

Is the hose defective?

RE: leaks 72-88% of night - Fabby - 09-29-2023

No, changed it out with all the other pieces.

RE: leaks 72-88% of night - staceyburke - 09-30-2023

With this much large leaks you are not getting any therapy.  I would lower the pressures until the mask does not have a large leak.  Otherwise it really are not getting any help.

RE: leaks 72-88% of night - Fabby - 09-30-2023

[attachment=54650]

Thank you Stacey, I tried that last night and I don't think Ive ever seen a pressure line quite like this one. I raised the ramp to 16 and lowered the iPap to 20. Not sure what this means. If I really crank down the mask, to the point it is uncomfortable, the leaks go away. But this is the mask of choice I've used for 7 years.

Any ideas?

[attachment=54650]

Thank you Stacey, I tried that last night and I don't think Ive ever seen a pressure line quite like this one. I raised the ramp to 16 and lowered the iPap to 20. Not sure what this means. If I really crank down the mask, to the point it is uncomfortable, the leaks go away. But this is the mask of choice I've used for 7 years.

Any ideas?

[attachment=54651]

Rats, I got the wrong chart. Trying again.

RE: leaks 72-88% of night - Crimson Nape - 09-30-2023

Fabby - May I suggest that you go into File > Preferences > Appearances and set your graph height to about 120. I think it is now set to 154. Now that I said that, I believe I saw the Preferences had its own listing on a Mac. (I'm Mac challenged)

Your Flow Limits are very high. This is causing your pressure to go up. I would set the EPAP to 10 and increase the PS to 4. Also, work on those large leaks.

- Red