Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? (/Thread-Just-received-Phillips-refurb-ASV-machine-options)

Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? - Labromaniac - 11-20-2023

Greetings. I just, after many years, received a refurbished DreamStation BiPAP autoSV, DS replacing my recalled System One ASV.  Now that I know it is a refurbished out of date machine even including instructions to "make sure it looks clean", I no longer trust Phillips and am not interested in using the machine. What are my options for moving it on? Donation, sale on a CPAP buying site, throw it away, send it back to the company? Thanks for helping me understand what my options are? What a debacle this has been. Should have taken the $50, alas.

RE: Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? - PeaceLoveAndPizza - 11-20-2023

Consider these options…
  • Keep it as a backup
  • Donate to Reggie White Foundation or American Sleep Apnea Association
  • Sell on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist

RE: Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? - aergun - 11-20-2023

For 7 years I have been using a philips ASV device.The offer made to me by philips in Turkey is the reimbursement of the invoice price on the date of purchase.However, due to the exchange rate difference, I now have to pay 4 times more to buy an ASV device.So I bought a Löwenstein 25 ST device. The AHI is around 3-4 with this device as well.I have a good quality sleep for now.Epap max: 13, Epap min 10 ps min/max: 3.Actually, I have been thinking that ASV is not suitable for me since I started therapy.I can't take a sleep test again because I can't sleep in the hospital. 7 years ago I couldn't sleep and left the test unfinished. In the PSG, which was not done properly, about 30 CA were detected.
Löwenstein is really a quality device.I am just starting to get to know and learn.I have learned a lot about clinical settings from the forum.prisma TS gives enough information, although not as much as oscar.But oscar sometimes gives erroneous data.
What I want to ask:
-should I return the Phillips ASV for a small payment or keep it as a spare? In this case the compressor needs to be replaced after a while. Can I get it from China?
-löwenstein has many modes including ST. (Auto, autoS, T,) Should I try it in another mode other than ST mode?

RE: Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? - UnicornRider - 11-20-2023

Keep the Philips as a spare, it should have several more seasons left in it.

Use that Lowenstein, keep us posted as to how your therapy is going.  

I have heard good things about Lowenstein. We need more Lowenstein users to build our group knowledge of their features and strengths, So report back often.