Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Warnick13 Therapy Help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Warnick13 Therapy Help (/Thread-Warnick13-Therapy-Help)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Warnick13 Therapy Help - Warnick13 - 02-20-2024

[attachment=59936]Hi, 

I'm new to this board but would appreciate any help.  I have been using my CPAP since December 2022.  After struggling to get a good fit, trying a few masks, I settled on the AirTouch F20, which works well for me.  My wife advises that I am still snoring; while not as bad as I was prior to using CPAP, its still occurring.  I am looking for any suggestions for adjustments to figure this out.  I have attached my OSCAR data from last night. If additional data is needed, I am more than happy to share. Thanks!Newer CPAP User, still snoring

Still Snoring - Warnick13 - 02-20-2024

Hi, new to this board but CPAP user since Dec 2022.  While I have found the CPAP to work well for me in eliminating morning headaches, tiredness, etc. my wife informs me that I am still snoring.  While it is not as bad as it was pre-CPAP, I am wondering what I can do to address this.  

Many thanks in advance!

RE: Still Snoring - Warnick13 - 02-20-2024

I’m still figuring out OSCAR and trying to get the right info displayed to post so I apologize

RE: Still Snoring - robbob2112 - 02-20-2024

Follow the directions from the link in my signature to organize your oscar chart.  Once done post some examples and we can help.  Just from the hip I would guess you need turn up the minimum pressure a little to keep the airway open verse let it close and cause the snoring.  It is also possible you are chin tucking, but we need the graphs to see if that is what is happening.

Also note, don't open multiple threads on the same topic.

RE: Still Snoring - Warnick13 - 02-20-2024

Thanks! I’ll try again to get the graphs . Sorry about opening another thread.☹️

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - staceyburke - 02-21-2024

Your min is at 4 that is the absolutely the lowest the machine can go and it is not high enough for an adult.  4 is used for younger children.   I would raise it to min 7.  I would also set EPR to full time set to EPR 3 and see if that helps.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-21-2024

Thanks for the advice on increasing the min pressure.  The EPR is at 3 and on full time but I will certainly try increasing the pressure.  I did increase it a bit last night.  I've attached last night's data for review.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - OpalRose - 02-21-2024

Your pressure settings need optimized a bit.  

Your median pressure reads 9.2cm.  You should look to optimize your settings to tackle the Obstructives first.  

Move your minimum pressure to 9.4cm.  (You may need 10cm, but this is a good start).  Keep EPR set at 3.  This will give you an EPAP of 6.4cm.

The Snores indicate you need the higher pressure.
The EPAP sprints the airway open and tackles Obstructives.
The EPR will help lower Flow Limitations, Hypopneas and Reras.

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-21-2024

Thanks OpalRose.  I was telling my respirologist about the snoring however she said that it was probably because the APAP wasn't initially catching the snoring and by the time it did, I may have quit snoring. The whole reason I was referred for diagnosis and tx was because of my snoring so I was confused to why it was still happening.  I will try the settings you suggested.  Thanks so much!

RE: Newer CPAP User, still snoring - Warnick13 - 02-22-2024

I changed the median pressure to 9.4 cm and have attached the results from last night.  Should I up it to 10 cm or carry on with 9.4 cm for a few more days?