Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Please Help interpreting OSCAR data (/Thread-Please-Help-interpreting-OSCAR-data)

Pages: 1 2

Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - DleonHeart - 02-23-2024

Hey everyone. I've been using a Resmed airsense 10 for 3 years already and until now , never really knew we could get such detailed data and actually make informed decisions about our therapy.

MY AHI scores (all I was used to seeing before) have always been under 5 and I thought that was enough but I have started to think recently I'm not getting the sleep quality I'd like  and when I found out about OSCAR and seeing some of the data I realise my sleep is very irregular or seems choppy, but can't quite put a finger on why.

Many years ago I had a sleep study and the prescribed pressure was 14 then, but I never could tolerate it and suffered from aerophagia and I gave up.

about 3 years ago I decided to try again and I bought a Resmed machine with a nose pillow (which as a drooler was a blessing for me as I can't tolerate a full face mask or anything that pinches the bridge of my nose)

Initially I used the same 14 pressure but I could not tolerate the aerophagia, so my Resmed sales person set the machine to Autoset and I could tolerate it. although I felt better I haven't tweaked these settings in ages , I started to read on things recently and made some adjustments. I was hoping someone could take a looks and offer some pointers.

The first screenshot is from a typical night before I started tweaking, with these settings I'm anywhere between 1.5 to 4 AHI. pressures between 7.6 and 14 (I rarely hit 14) I'v been in these setting for most of my therapy so far

The second one was after I wanted to try a fixed pressure (10) which is usually my p95 (and mouth taping) I felt better that night but also it was harder to fall asleep and exhale. I also notice more mouth leaks

The thirds screenshot I read a bit more and since I've been able to sleep well on Autoset for a while , wanted to try to tweak the pressure ranges and try a higher EPR since it helps my exhales through the hose and it prevents me from trying to exhale through the mouth, I can see less mouth leaking, I also taped my mouth this night.

any tips you can offer you'll have my undying gratitude, I suffer from depression as well and I want to at least get decent sleep to try to get me life in order  Thanks

Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - DleonHeart - 02-23-2024

Hey everyone. I've been using a Resmed airsense 10 for 3 years already and until now , never really knew we could get such detailed data and actually make informed decisions about our therapy.

MY AHI scores (all I was used to seeing before) have always been under 5 and I thought that was enough but I have started to think recently I'm not getting the sleep quality I'd like  and when I found out about OSCAR and seeing some of the data I realise my sleep is very irregular or seems choppy, but can't quite put a finger on why.

Many years ago I had a sleep study and the prescribed pressure was 14 then, but I never could tolerate it and suffered from aerophagia and I gave up.

about 3 years ago I decided to try again and I bought a Resmed machine with a nose pillow (which as a drooler was a blessing for me as I can't tolerate a full face mask or anything that pinches the bridge of my nose)

Initially I used the same 14 pressure but I could not tolerate the aerophagia, so my Resmed sales person set the machine to Autoset and I could tolerate it. although I felt better I haven't tweaked these settings in ages , I started to read on things recently and made some adjustments. I was hoping someone could take a looks and offer some pointers.

The first screenshot is from a typical night before I started tweaking, with these settings I'm anywhere between 1.5 to 4 AHI. pressures between 7.6 and 14 (I rarely hit 14) I'v been in these setting for most of my therapy so far

The second one was after I wanted to try a fixed pressure (10) which is usually my p95 (and mouth taping) I felt better that night but also it was harder to fall asleep and exhale. I also notice more mouth leaks

The thirds screenshot I read a bit more and since I've been able to sleep well on Autoset for a while , wanted to try to tweak the pressure ranges and try a higher EPR since it helps my exhales through the hose and it prevents me from trying to exhale through the mouth, I can see less mouth leaking, I also taped my mouth this night.

any tips you can offer you'll have my undying gratitude, I suffer from depression as well and I want to at least get decent sleep to try to get me life in order  Thanks

Hey folks sorry, the thumbnails are not in the order I intended, the order is
1 : Feb 10th,
2 Feb 22nd,
3: Feb 23rd

RE: Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - Deborah K. - 02-23-2024

I can't see your Oscar charts. While your chart is open if you click the F12 key it will copy your report and then you can post the chart to the board. You have to do these one at a time.

RE: Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - DleonHeart - 02-23-2024

So sorry, I don't know how I ended up creating this as a new thread without the attachments when I only wanted t reply, I already reported this thread so a mod can delete it Sad

Hey folks sorry, the thumbnails are not attached in the order I intended which is
1 : Feb 10th,
2 Feb 22nd,
3: Feb 23rd

seems like the duplicate threads have been merged. I have created the screenshots with F12 if it helps.

RE: Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - Sleeprider - 02-23-2024

Merged two separate threads, same topic.

Best AHI results were fixed pressure at 10 EPR 2, next was Autoset mode with minimum pressure 10, maximum 12, EPR 3. Both are very close, and I think your best comfort result was Feb 23 with Autoset mode and EPR 3 where flow limits were lower. I think you should stay with the 10-12 pressure EPR 3 for a few nights and we can hopefully figure out if anything more is needed. AHI is about 1 in both cases, so we want to focus on comfort. You have done a pretty good jog getting titrated to optimal, and this actually looks good to me. You had some leaks at the end of the night, but otherwise very good. Which mask are you using?

Thanks a bunch for merging the threads, my bad. getting used to the UI. Really appreciate the feedback Big Grin

I use a nose pillow from Resmed, the p30i, the one that connects to the hose on the top of the head. I also last two nights have taped my mouth (with a little safety hole) as before I was experiencing mouth leaking exhales.

I'll give it a few more days with those current settings and post if I see any significant changes!

RE: Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - DleonHeart - 02-24-2024

Hey Folks, so turns out I was a bit congested and decided to not tape my mouth yesterday. in addition I did not change pressures but I did change the response from soft to standard and I saw both an increase in AHI and in mouth leaks.

I'm not sure what to think. any thoughts?

RE: Please Help interpreting OSCAR data - Sleeprider - 02-24-2024

If a change from soft to standard increased events, then go back to the previous setting to verify. Get some Flonase or generic equal.