Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB (/Thread-Rate-my-Resmed-10-VAuto-deal-from-FB)

Pages: 1 2

Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - GrandCentral - 02-23-2024

Found this on FB Marketplace and snapped it up for $350. How did I do?

[attachment=60101]

Apparently grandpa bought it, tried on the mask once and refused to touch it again. Runtime of 0 hours. Looks and smells brand new.

I will be migrating from an AirSense 10 Auto but having lots of central events and I am hoping to reduce those. OSCAR screens below are from my AirSense 10.

What do you folks recommend for starting settings on the VAuto? I was planning on doing a factory reset and then using VAuto mode, Trigger high, TiMax around 2.5 or 2.7.

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - Deborah K. - 02-24-2024

Wow!  Smile  That's an astonishingly low price for a 0-hour ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.  If you find it doesn't meet your needs you could easily sell it for a lot more than you paid for it.  

As to settings, others can advise you on those.

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB and help with initial settings - GrandCentral - 02-24-2024

(02-24-2024, 12:46 AM)Deborah K. Wrote: Wow!  Smile  That's an astonishingly low price for a 0-hour ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto.  If you find it doesn't meet your needs you could easily sell it for a lot more than you paid for it.  

As to settings, others can advise you on those.

Thanks! Yeah that's pretty much what I thought when I saw it. Worth the trip to pick it up, and worst case I can resell it.

I am new to VAuto though and my doctor is not very helpful (wants me to switch to a fixed backup rate). And I am out of the country so I won't have access to English language assistance for a while.

Based on my APAP settings of 9-15cm I was thinking of starting at EPAP min 8, IPAP max 15, PS=4, VAuto mode. Just to collect some data and see how the charts look. I am hoping to get some more experienced opinions on that before I start.

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - Sleeprider - 02-24-2024

I just sent my Vauto with 24K hours to Advans CPAP Supplier #28 for refurbishing. It will get a new motor and the hours reset and come back clean. It's a $220 service. Anytime you can get a Vauto with reasonable hours for a good price, it's a great deal. Even if it has significant hours on it, it's probably worth refurbishing.

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - Deborah K. - 02-24-2024

GrandCentral, I notice that you have a large number of Central Apneas in your Oscar report.  Did you have a lot of CAs in your sleep study?  Are you brand new to using a pap machine?  If you are new the CAs might be treatment-emergent and will likely go away or lessen a lot as you adjust to therapy.

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - Sleeprider - 02-24-2024

If you're looking for settings, I'll suggest EPAP min 7.0, IPAP max 14.0, PS 3.0, Trigger sensitivity very-high for the centrals.

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - GrandCentral - 02-24-2024

Hi Deborah K,

Yes, you and I discussed my centrals a couple of months ago on my post here. But here is the relevant bit from my sleep study:

Code:
PAP SUMMARY:
By Pressure:
PAP BUR O2 TST   %Sup SupAHI REM   RAHI CAI  AHI  ArIdx Nadir AvgSaO2
05  0   0  0.0m  0%   --     0.0m  --   --   --   --    --    --
07  0   0  29.5m 0%   --     0.0m  --   18.3 20.3 16.3  88%   94%
09  0   0  53.0m 37%  15.4   11.5m 5.2  7.9  7.9  19.2  90%   95%
11  0   0  81.5m 52%  26.8   9.5m  6.3  15.5 16.9 43.4  89%   95%
13  0   0  6.0m  33%  60.0   0.0m  --   30.0 50.0 90.0  90%   95%
15  0   0  49.0m 0%   --     0.5m  0.0  1.2  3.7  60.0  94%   96%

I get mostly centrals. I've been doing APAP for over a year and it works fairly well, most nights around 5 AHI. But there are periods of days or weeks where I get AHI numbers up into the teens or 20's. And I can feel it the next day when I have nights like those.

Sleeprider -- Yes I am, and I will give those a try and report back. Thanks!

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - AndyB - 02-24-2024

GrandCentral -- FWIW, my CAs virtually disappeared when I switched from an AirSense 10 AutoSet to an AirCurve 10 VAuto with trigger set to very high, as Sleeprider suggests.

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - GrandCentral - 02-25-2024

First night with the VAuto and it is a step up so far. Here is a whole night chart and a zoom to the "most eventful" 30 minutes of the night.

[attachment=60189][attachment=60190]

I am surprised at how much more comfortable it is to breath with the VAuto compared to the AirSense 10/11 AutoSet (I own both). Why isn't this the default unit for everyone? LOL. Sleep was great with no arousals that I can remember.

My "most eventful" 30 minutes coincided with some leaks detected so those might be related. Maybe need to tighten my mask strap or something there. I am using an Airfit P10 and find it a good mask for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions for improvement on the new charts would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB - GrandCentral - 02-25-2024

Apologies for thinking out loud, I am still trying to wrap my head around OSCAR data. But I will take a stab at interpreting my own charts.

It seems like:
  • Pressure range is about right, it maxed out around 12
  • Pressure increases preceded the CA events
  • Possible fix would be to increase PS from 3 to 4 to get higher IPAP pressures with lower EPAP pressures
  • Maybe lower TiMax a bit as well
Thanks for the help and encouragement AndyB, Deborah and Sleeprider. Please LMK what you think.