Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap (/Thread-Update-on-Stats-After-Constant-Use-of-Knightsbridge-Chin-Strap)

Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - cmpman1974 - 02-26-2024

This is for Sleeprider.   Quite the change from when I originally posted a while back here, huh? :Smile   Definitely was classic jaw drop!  Remember all those 120 L/min leak rate nights?

RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - CPAPfriend - 02-29-2024

bumping this

RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - BoxcarPete - 02-29-2024

Might be helpful to post some kind of reference to the original stats or a link to the old thread, some of us haven't been around here long enough to know what things were like before.

RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - Sleeprider - 02-29-2024

We can see a median leak rate of nearly 12 L/min from a year ago and 95% leak rate over 66, compared to current 4/16.8 That is a 70 to 80% reduction in leaks, so a lot better. I recall the old charts were large leak most of the time and therapy was out of control.

RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - cmpman1974 - 02-29-2024

(02-29-2024, 09:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: We can see a median leak rate of nearly 12 L/min from a year ago and 95% leak rate over 66, compared to current 4/16.8  That is a 70 to 80% reduction in leaks, so a lot better.  I recall the old charts were large leak most of the time and therapy was out of control.

Correct.  Average leak rate on many nights was over the ResMed 24L/min range cap and it was very, very common for me to have 95th% leaks of 100 L/min+.  Current numbers are a HUGE improvement from where I was the last 15+ years.  I now have occasional nights with a 95th% leak rate of 2 L/min.   I can't say any of this has translated to miracle improvements in health, but I have to think it is important regardless.

I'm using the same mask as I was a year ago, but the stopping of jaw dropping solved the issue. I'm just posting this in hopes someone else can be helped by this product that deals with the same problem I do.  Other chin straps had no effect for me and I tried 4-5 other ones in past years.  I couldn't tolerate any of them and the structure was weak.  I don't have any affiliation with the company.

RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - G. Szabo - 02-29-2024

Let me share my concern with chinstraps I was using for years. They all pull my jaw backward, which can cause inhalation obstruction. Would it be better to use a neck brace and tape?

RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap - CPAPfriend - 03-01-2024

G. Szabo

did you try the knightsbridge one? They're all nonsensical except that one, as far as I have inquired. Perhaps there are others that have a more sensible vector of force, but I've yet to uncover any.