Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? (/Thread-Am-I-crazy-for-complaining-to-this-DME-seller-about-the-reservoir-I-ordered)

Pages: 1 2

Question about the Humidair 10 reservoir - sweetbobby - 02-22-2024

I just received a Humidair 10 replacement water reservoir for my Airsense 10, and the metal plate on the bottom is round instead of square. I have tried to look all over the place on the Resmed website to see if their images for this item (37299) has a round plate instead of the square one. The box looks authentic but I am afraid this is a knock-off and don't want to use it until I am sure it's legit. The box looks original but there was no manual and the reservoir was not sealed in the wrapping inside. I am almost 100% convinced this is counterfeit, but want to be sure before I go nuts on this supplier. Has anyone ordered one of these recently?

RE: Question about the Humidair 10 reservoir - Grandpapa-G - 02-22-2024

As mentioned earlier today in another post:

The newly designed A10 water chamber was discussed in a previous post by Joe Bezz' which, contains photos of the new design.
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...er+chamber

RE: Question about the Humidair 10 reservoir - SarcasticDave94 - 02-22-2024

Does it look like the attached image?

Sorry it may be difficult to see through it, but this one has a round heat plate, and is for ResMed 11 as indicated by the close-up.

[attachment=60040] [attachment=60041]

RE: Question about the Humidair 10 reservoir - sweetbobby - 02-23-2024

(02-22-2024, 09:13 PM)Grandpapa-G Wrote: As mentioned earlier today in another post:

The newly designed A10 water chamber was discussed in a previous post by Joe Bezz' which, contains photos of the new design.
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...er+chamber

Funny you mentioned that, since before I posted it was the ONLY place I've seen after Googling that makes any mention of this change. And that was in 2021! I just think it's odd that none of the places selling the water chamber has updated images, so forgive me for still being suspicious. I was hoping if other people who have gotten it recently also have this different designed.

Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? - sweetbobby - 03-04-2024

I have been having an exchange with the online store from which I bought a HumidAir reservoir for my AirSense 10. They're an official reseller of ResMed products, but I am suspicious of the Humidair Standard water reservoir I received. In essence, in every single website selling that reservoir, the image is of a reservoir with a square plate on the bottom. The reservoir I am replacing has a square plate. The item I received had a round plate on the bottom, and it came in an unsealed bag in the box (I imagine these things should arrive sterilized?). I do not see images of item 32799 with a round plate anywhere online except one mention on this forum, so I went ahead and asked the DME retailer.

They responded by saying, "This is an older design of the model that's in our inventory, but it is the same product functionally that should work completely correctly and the same as the new design does." I looked at the label on the box, and the manufacture date was October 2023. I wrote back saying I was more concerned now, since why would an older design be in a box for an item manufactured four months ago? Was it placed into the box of another item? Regardless, if there's a newer model that is being advertised at the point of sale, it is a deceptive business practice to send an older model. I asked for a return label.

They've just come back this morning saying, "as an authorized dealer, every ResMed item that we sell is a brand new, hygienically sealed item that we've received directly from the manufacturer" and referred me to ResMed. But the reservoir came in an unsealed bag within the box!

Am I being unreasonable for thinking this is unacceptable? We're talking about something through which air I breathe for a third of my life is coming through! If anyone has ordered a new reservoir, how was it packaged?

RE: Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? - Sleeprider - 03-04-2024

I have been using Resmed 10-series devices since 2016, and have never seen a visible design change in the humidifier chamber or a round heat-transfer plate. Without using any component of a link, what supplier or supplier # is this from our Supplier list? I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that a new item ordered from any supplier would come sealed in OEM packaging materials. The Resmed humidifier chamber comes in a box labeled with the 32799 part number and Resmed trademarks, QR code, as well as the manufacturing location, and Lot number. The chamber is wrapped in unsealed clear plastic.

RE: Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? - Sleeprider - 03-04-2024

[Image: attachment.php?aid=60580]

RE: Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? - sweetbobby - 03-04-2024

[attachment=60581]

This is what I got. I put the tank upside down so the plate would be obvious. At least it was packaged unsealed, the same way you had mentioned. Mine was made in Australia in October 2023. If you wouldn't mind, when was yours manufactured?

Made in the same location in AU 2022-05-29. I've had this one on standby. I have never seen a round plate, but if it fits your CPAP, it may not be a problem. It doesn't look like a knock-off.

RE: Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? - sarahsleeps - 03-04-2024

I have an Airsense 10 that I just purchased in January and my humidifier has the round plate. Mine was opened up at my initial appointment with my provider while I trialed masks etc so I never got a box, I just got the travel case. I'm not sure where to see where it was manufactured but I live in Canada - is it possible only ones manufactured in the US have the square plate?