Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Adamby1047 - Bi-PAP therapy advice - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Adamby1047 - Bi-PAP therapy advice (/Thread-Adamby1047-Bi-PAP-therapy-advice)

Adamby1047 - Bi-PAP therapy advice - Adamby1047 - 03-16-2024

]Hello everyone, I would like your help in interpreting this data from the iMatrix software which is used to pull data from the Resvent ibreeze auto cpap machine. Unfortunately this machine is not compatible with OSCAR, so I am very limited in analyzing this data. However, I have noticed a trend ever since I got the machine.

For context, I am a 19y Male who has been struggling with osa for over a year now. It started off as just "a bad night of sleep" to now brain fog, visual issues (vision is just unexplainably blurry, eyes are always strained), and fatigue/sleepiness. I was diagnosed with an AHI of 7.7 back in december, and recieved my apap in december. The sleep doctor gave me the generic 4-20 range so I knew off the bat the doctors could really care less about my condiiton and just gave me a machine to charge my insurance. I started actually using the machine around new years, and till now have seen little improvement. I turned off ramp, increased the starting pressure, and used a chin strap/mouth tape to prevent mouth leaks. I would say that in the last 3 months, there have maybe been 5 days that I woke up and was like "wow, I slept ok". the remainder is still a struggle. Over time I realized that the apnea events themselves most likely not my biggest issue. For the last 1.5 months, my ahi has been <1. But I've still been feeling the same, and after looking at these charts I'm realizing I may have another issue.

My pressure settings are currently [8.7 - 13] although my machine very rarely even increases the pressure, meaning that the apnea events are likely taken care of. I am using a full face mask, and sleep on my side/back, although I make an active effort to try sleeping on my side. My ipr is set at 2. I notice that I have frequent events as seen in the first image. Some sort of increased respiratory effort, which I am 100% certain is fragmenting my sleep. It occurs every 10-15 mins -ish as seen in the second image. This trend lasts through the whole night, which I've noticed in all 3 months of my data. A full set of data with these "events" are seen in the last image. I am almost certain that this is disturbing my sleep and resulting in the same symptoms that I've been experiencing before. My dreams still feel fragmented and I wake up feeling as if I stayed up the whole night. The machine itself does not flag these sort of events and so I'm sure the machine isn't responding to the disturbance. If anyone has any experience with anything that looks similar to this, please advise me on what to do. Increase pressure? Decrease pressure? IPR? Any insight is helpful, as this is single-handedly crushing my quality of life. I'm not worried about the actual apnea events as the machine is able to mitigate those now. I'm sure that addressing these small respiratory distrubances so that my breathing is stable throughout the night will result in a world of a difference! Thank you guys for reading. If you have any questions please let me know.

the data from the images is (0.0 AI, 0.0 HI, 0.0 AHI, OAI 0.0, CAI 0.0, RERA 0.0, SNI 0.0). So my data is "perfect" but I suspect there's underlying issues not picked up by the machine, from what I mentioned above.

[attachment=61274]

[attachment=61275]

[attachment=61276]

Bi-PAP therapy advice - Adamby1047 - 06-12-2024

Hello everyone. To cut to the chase, a lot of my background and issues are discussed in this previous forum: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Help-interpreting-iMatrix-resvent-Data?highlight=imatrix. Essentially, I went to a new doctor, and did a home WatchPat sleep test (while using my APAP), and the results are see below. Lots of respiratory disturbances but no apneas. Synonymous to the type of behavior seen in the forum link above. My new doctor suspects that I have some sort of arousal based respiratory issues, such as UARS, however we were never able to perform a bi-pap titration study to calibrate the best settings to try and get rid of these events. She suspects that these small events are microarousals that arer disrupting my sleep and causing my symptoms. Unfortunately I ended up switching insurances to one that she doesn't take, so I stopped going to her. Kindly enough however, she submitted an order through a third party for a resmed aircurve 10 vauto bi-pap as a hailmary just to see if my new insurance would accept and they did! I have the machine now and have used it for 2 nights. I'm kind of on my own in terms of titration but I know that this machine has way more potential to help me feel better than the resvent piece of junk. I need help interpreting this data and trying to find what feels best for me. Unfortunately the two nights I've used the machine, I slept pretty badly and did not feel good the entire day. I know that I'm not using the right settings and so I am seeking your advice. Here are the settings that I used for the two nights. Both nights I used a chin strap, and mouth tape. Important to mention also, is that I was previously using a IPAP pressure of 13.5 with PS of 3 on the resvent apap. Didn't really make too much progress overcoming my symptoms of brain fog and fatigue, but it was better than nothing. 

Night 1: 
  • min EPAP: 7
  • max IPAP: 20
  • PS: 6
  • these are the only settings that I changed. The rest of the bi-pap complex settings I left alone, and can be seen in the screenshots 
Night 2: 
  • min EPAP: 7
  • max IPAP: 20 
  • PS: 8
  • rest are the same
If you have any suggestions or advice, please shoot. I am in need of help and I am really struggling. Thank you.

[attachment=65571] Night 1

[attachment=65572] Night 2

[attachment=65573]

[attachment=65575]

[attachment=65574]

RE: Adamby1047 - Bi-PAP therapy advice - Crimson Nape - 06-12-2024

Adamby1047 - I have merged your 2 threads so all your information is in one place.  I renamed the thread to, Adamby1047 - Bi-PAP therapy advice , to allow all your therapy related posts to be placed here.
- Red