Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR lost my profiles! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR lost my profiles! (/Thread-OSCAR-lost-my-profiles)

Pages: 1 2

OSCAR lost my profiles! - jtardo - 03-23-2024

Help! I updated OSCAR and my profiles disappeared. Is there a way I can recover? I had a couple of years of data that I hope is not lost.

OSCAR won't load my profile(s) - jtardo - 03-23-2024

First, let me apologize for posting earlier on the main forum. But I am not sure how to delete my post from there.

Anyway, the  problem is, I upgraded to 1.5.2 and now no profiles appear.

It found the OSCAR data folder, and when I checked the log it apparently tried to install my old profiles but then decided they weren't profiles.

I have been relying on OSCAR to monitor things like leaks, and now am at a loss.

Any suggestions on how to restore operation would be appreciated.

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - Crimson Nape - 03-23-2024

Unless you deleted the OSCAR_Data folder, it is still there. OSCAR keeps its data in a separate location from the actual program. By default, the data directory is located in your Documents folder. What version did you upgrade from?

Also, since your thread is software related, I am moving it to the Software Support Forum.
- Red

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - jtardo - 03-23-2024

Thanks for the response. I found the data folder (conveniently, it shows up under help>troubleshooting). If it helps, debug.txt is attached.

I upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2.

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - jtardo - 03-23-2024

How can I move this thread to the Software Support forum? I thought it was moved last night but it is still here.

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - Crimson Nape - 03-23-2024

OK, OSCAR is looking or your OSCAR_Data folder in the "C:\Work/Personal\OSCAR_Data" path. Where is the actual data location of your old data? Have you looked in your Documents folder?
- Red

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - LoudSnorer - 03-24-2024

(03-23-2024, 08:53 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OK, OSCAR is looking or your OSCAR_Data folder in the "C:\Work/Personal\OSCAR_Data" path.  Where is the actual data location of your old data?  Have you looked in your Documents folder?
- Red

jtardo

Oscar has a basic data structure that has been used for a long time.
I've attached a picture of that format. Can you please verify that your old data has this structure.
If it does then the xml files indicated in the in the Oscar Data Structure diagram are corrupted .

The results may indicate an approach to finding or recovering your lost data.

[attachment=61686]

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - jtardo - 03-24-2024

My data is in the data folder where it has been for a couple of years, 'file:///C:/Work/Personal/OSCAR (CPAP Data)' (this file is in my backup list).

I created a new profile (seems like easier than fighting xml files), and read in the card data copy file (I learned the hard way to keep a full copy of the card). So life is almost good.

But I would like to know why is OSCAR claiming my old profiles are bad? (see the debug log file I uploaded - it marks my old profiles "Warning:  Not a Profile"). I.e., what is the format of 'profile.xml'? If you expect the profile files are corrupted, how did upgrading to 1.5.2 corrupt the profiles?

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - LoudSnorer - 03-25-2024

(03-24-2024, 10:56 PM)jtardo Wrote: But I would like to know why is OSCAR claiming my old profiles are bad?
I'd like to that that also.
You can download them to me at my dropbox.
Create an archive file (zip or 7z) with the two profile files (Preferences.xml and Profile.xml) .
The archive name should include your username and device type.
LoudSnorer's Receive DropBox 

Thanks.

RE: OSCAR lost my profiles! - jtardo - 03-25-2024

Thanks. Done. Top level files, as requested. Note the 'profile.xml' files that OSCAR doesn't think are profile files are in the subdirectories.